The Student Room Group

Do you like your name?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AzimH
I too would dislike my name if I was named after a fruit. A disgusting fruit might I add.

u wot m8 :mob:
Original post by stochasticking
I was named over a famous cricket player who I loved growing up as a kid, so yeah.

Wasim?
Original post by Nununu
Wasim?

Waqar!
Reply 243
Original post by RainbowKiwi
u wot m8 :mob:

Come at me bro
Original post by AzimH
Come at me bro

nah u...

Spoiler

Original post by stochasticking
Waqar!

Cool my dads name :smile:
Original post by Nununu
Cool my dads name :smile:

Sweet. I hardly ever meet someone with the same name . I've met loads of Waqas' though !
Ps- Waqar Younis > Wasima Akram
No. Although no one has called me by my full name in quite a while. Everytime someone says my full name I feel like I'm being told off. My heart starts racing and all. It just feels so formal.
It's alright yeah...
Original post by loveleest
Be happy that you do not have such a common name like mines, honestly.

Believe me, it becomes tedious having to continually repeat your name, or spell it out for somebody. :yawn:
Unless you made your TSR account 17 years ago whilst you were in your emo phase, I doubt nobody will hate their TSR name.

My real name, I like it but not only do people either say Lan-ce (lan like slam but with a n on the end) or La-nce (like la-la the tellytubbie, the pronunciation which i prefer) and people make a big deal about it when as long as you don't talk about plants too often, i don't mind you saying Lan-ce.
Original post by Dropout_06
Believe me, it becomes tedious having to continually repeat your name, or spell it out for somebody. :yawn:

cant be worse than sharing a name with like 10 other people that go to your school :frown:
I hate my name *sobs*
Original post by loveleest
cant be worse than sharing a name with like 10 other people that go to your school :frown:

Yeah, I suppose that is rather unfortunate! :lol:
yep
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Do you like your real name too? :-)

Me too Ryuk :apple:

It's alright, bit short to be honest.. My name's Kate, but it's not short for anything like people expect my full name to be Catherine or Katie at least, but it's not. What about yours?/
I like my name. I tried to go by other names but I realised that I prefer my name.
I think Alex is rather nice.

What do you guys think?
I like Alex :h:

Problem is, it's pretty common for people my age - there's two other Alexs in my schoolyear, let alone the whole school, and there's a couple of other Alexs that work in the same store as me...

It gets rather confusing, and the "not you" situation is much more common than I'd like :lol:

Hence, I am Xela. It's an inside thing.

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I think Alex is rather nice.
What do you guys think?

Yeee

Quick Reply

Latest