The Student Room Group

Mixed race people's dating preferences

From what I can observe, mixed race people never date each other. Barack Obama has a black wife, a lot of mixed race guys here seem to have white girlfriends, and a lot of mixed race girls seems to go for white guys. I guess there are mixed race women that go for black guys too but it seems rarer. But i've never really seen clearly mixed race people both date each other. It seems, in areas where race is more clear, that mixed race people only date black or white people and usually seem to date white people, especially mixed race women.

I would like to hear from mixed race people and their experiences of who they are attracted to, who their relatives date etc.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am attracted to almost exclusively white men tbh, few Asians and mixed but never black
Reply 2
but if you went to Brazil you would see more mixed race couples
Original post by saxsan4
I am attracted to almost exclusively white men tbh, few Asians and mixed but never black

But you are a UKIP supporter, slightly biased sample, if you don't mind me saying, and slightly atypical for a mixed race person.
Original post by saxsan4
but if you went to Brazil you would see more mixed race couples

That's because Brazil is extremely mixed and ambiguous generally. I'm not talking about Brazil, I'm talking about what choices people make here where there are tangible divides and they meet many of all 'category'.
Basically anything that looks appetising :lol:

I'm never attracted to black girls, though.
Reply 6
Original post by saxsan4

lol a minority that supports UKIP....good luck with your self-delusion goals of 2015 :lol:
Personally, I'm more attracted towards Middle Eastern and South/East Asian and white.

My sister's dating a white guy atm.

Plus, it's not easy meeting mixed guys
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Most Competitive
Basically anything that looks appetising :lol:

I'm never attracted to black girls, though.

You are mixed race guy right? Oh also, I should add, I'd be quite interested if you could add which of your parents is which ethnicity, so I can see if this affects it.
Reply 9
I am mixed and I love mixed guys but I rarely meet any. Where did all the mixed guys go? My boyfriend is white though.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You are mixed race guy right? Oh also, I should add, I'd be quite interested if you could add which of your parents is which ethnicity, so I can see if this affects it.

Dad - white
Mum - south asian
i wouldn't say i prefer mixed race girls because there's just so much variety within that group

but a mix of latina/middle eastern/white usually does the job :mmm:
Whether or not people would like to admit it, there is a objective hierachy of of attractiveness for races and basically the whiter you are the better.

Most mixed race people end up with white people unless they're raised in a very cultural ethnic community and take on a more ethnic identity.

I don't mean to sound racist and i'm actually ethnic myself but it's all backed up by statistics.
Original post by Most Competitive
Dad - white
Mum - south asian

Ah ok, you wouldn't look that mixed, I mean you probably look pretty anglo, like Seb Coe?

I am interested if mixed black white people are different according to parental order, and if it effects their preferences, but then when I think of mixed women, whether the dad is black or white, they seem to prefer white guys. It seems like the first and most mixed race people, in the case of white/black, were black dads and white mums, personally I think that may have been to do with black mens reputed sexual performance, but now it seems there are more white guy/black woman couples, or white guy/mixed woman couples. It's a lot slower though, I'm pretty sure most of the original cohort of mixed race Britons had a black Dad.
Original post by Anonymous
Whether or not people would like to admit it, there is a objective hierachy of of attractiveness for races and basically the whiter you are the better.

this is bs smh
Reply 15
Of course it's rare for mixed race people to date each other, they're a minority in the UK (Northern Ireland in particular). If I narrowed my dating pool to only mixed race gay guys in Northern Ireland the odds of me finding someone I connected to would be quite low indeed.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
But you are a UKIP supporter, slightly biased sample, if you don't mind me saying, and slightly atypical for a mixed race person.

how is it biased?
Plus there are not many black people i know
I think the opposite of what you say is true. I tend to want females my complexion or darker [Im mixed] - I have gone white but it not a preference. Mixed females as far as I know consider themselves black and only a few cases I know of would date white guy. White men seem to have strong preference for their own kind and see mixed race girls as black and 'out of the question' from my experience.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Xsk
Of course it's rare for mixed race people to date each other, they're a minority in the UK (Northern Ireland in particular). If I narrowed my dating pool to only mixed race gay guys in Northern Ireland the odds of me finding someone I connected to would be quite low indeed.

I read somethin on another thread that said they don't know how to approach each other, and this seems like what my inkling was. It seems like they are more comfortable with either a black or white person. Maybe because it becomes all too obvious when they meet that they have both gone through the quite unique experience of being mixed race at school, in society etc, how people judge it, so it's a bit too 'familiar' or awkward like that?
Original post by MAINE.
lol a minority that supports UKIP....good luck with your self-delusion goals of 2015 :lol:

UKIP has more candidates form Minority groups than the Green party. We stand for equality and what is best for British people. we are the only party to ban members form extra mist parties such as Britain First and the BNP

Latest

Trending

Trending