The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LilithSternin
I've had nothing from Newcastle or Warwick either, sad face :frown:

Ive heard from Newcastle, Im sure you will soon :biggrin:
Anyone had a confirmation email from SGUL yet? It's the only one I'm waiting on 🙈
Original post by Hennnaa
Anyone had a confirmation email from SGUL yet? It's the only one I'm waiting on 🙈

Same here im waiting from St.George university only .I received emailed from other universities.
I'm waiting on St George's and Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KAmalraj10
Same here im waiting from St.George university only .I received emailed from other universities.

Same here! I've had Newcastle, Notts and Southampton (all 4 yr).
Original post by kantayya
Same here! I've had Newcastle, Notts and Southampton (all 4 yr).

I've only listened from cambridge. Still awaiting Warwick, Manchester and Imperial
Having interviewed for Notts and Liverpool last year without success, I'm anticipating at least 2 interviews again for 2016 entry, but am unsure how to prepare for them any more than I did last year. Are there any specific books/websites/blogs/tips that anyone would recommend I can read/do in advance?
Any one else really struggling filling in declaration form of all the contact hours you've had for Bristol?
So hard to remember all my modules and lectures I've had from the past 3 years!!
Plus how is there not a domain on 'Cells'😡
guys just got email from manchester (5 years) for the non academic form that needs to be filled in and i had a look at it.....would anyone of you recommend using the reason of "father was a doctor so got to look at someone take care of others day in day out" as a personal experience that influenced my decision to do medicine....i mean ofcourse i will extend on it but am just saying is it worht using that angle as a reason...?
Original post by saudkhan2508
guys just got email from manchester (5 years) for the non academic form that needs to be filled in and i had a look at it.....would anyone of you recommend using the reason of "father was a doctor so got to look at someone take care of others day in day out" as a personal experience that influenced my decision to do medicine....i mean ofcourse i will extend on it but am just saying is it worht using that angle as a reason...?

Personally, I wouldn't. Too clichéd and it's not a particularly active process. What did you do to find more about a medical career, and how did the experience confirm your motivation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would picture it as: having a family memeber in the field helped me gain an early contact with blablabla..... and how you found the motivation there, what proactives measures you took.....

Not just my dad is a doc, I saw him and was impressed, want to be like daddy.
Original post by ah639
Personally, I wouldn't. Too clichéd and it's not a particularly active process. What did you do to find more about a medical career, and how did the experience confirm your motivation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know...like im a bit hesitant to use that as my motivation coz sheffield on their open day said they kinda think differently when someone mentions the family member doctor thing :/...
Original post by macarenafc92
I would picture it as: having a family memeber in the field helped me gain an early contact with blablabla..... and how you found the motivation there, what proactives measures you took.....

Not just my dad is a doc, I saw him and was impressed, want to be like daddy.

your last sentence made me smile a bit....i read it in jason manfords voice :tongue:....
but yeh i think ill kinda use that intitially but then mention my own interest how it grew seperately with that early exposure coz med schools are a bit iffy when you mention family member thing :/
your last sentence made me smile a bit....i read it in jason manfords voice :tongue:....
but yeh i think ill kinda use that intitially but then mention my own interest how it grew seperately with that early exposure coz med schools are a bit iffy when you mention family member thing :/

hahaha I've got no idea who he is (I'm not from the UK)

It might be a cliché but it was your first contact and I think it is totally valid.
Original post by macarenafc92
hahaha I've got no idea who he is (I'm not from the UK)

It might be a cliché but it was your first contact and I think it is totally valid.

yeh like its first contact i think the clever thing would be not to rave on and on about it and use it as an opening....

Ps hes a comedian from ironically manchester :tongue:
yeh like its first contact i think the clever thing would be not to rave on and on about it and use it as an opening....

Ps hes a comedian from ironically manchester :tongue:

hahahaha thanks for the cultural note. That's right! use it wisely :wink:
1. Does kings do some sort of course where you have to do one year of it and transfer to medicine? If so what are the requirements, transfer rate?
2. Does Cardiff allow Transfers from Medical Pharmacology to Medicine after first year? If so what are the requirements, transfer rate?
Original post by youngthug97
1. Does kings do some sort of course where you have to do one year of it and transfer to medicine? If so what are the requirements, transfer rate?
2. Does Cardiff allow Transfers from Medical Pharmacology to Medicine after first year? If so what are the requirements, transfer rate?

Probably best to contact the universities directly to ask this. They'll have the info. However, if there are transfer opportunities, in place, they will be incredibly rare, and you'll likely have to be one of the top performing students in your year to have any chance of transfer.
Original post by youngthug97

Nope, I'm currently studying at King's and they did used to have an internal application system to apply to medicine at King's if you are a current student, however they stopped a few years back.
Original post by daisyblah
Any one else really struggling filling in declaration form of all the contact hours you've had for Bristol?
So hard to remember all my modules and lectures I've had from the past 3 years!!
Plus how is there not a domain on 'Cells'😡

For some reason I've kept all my lecture notes and module handbooks from the past 2 years so based on how many lectures and practicals are listed in the handbooks, I've written those down accordingly. As I'm in my third year, I wasn't sure whether to enter so and so hours pending? as I would have done more hours once I've completed my degree, in the end I just listed hours from year 1 and 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending