The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone been called for interview yet? And if so where? Good luck guys!
Original post by AnnaBroekman
Has anyone been called for interview yet? And if so where? Good luck guys!

Yes, I have had two out of five uni's offer me interviews for child nursing (at the moment). The uni's are: bucks new and Wolverhampton! Good luck to you too!
Original post by KingK16
I've decided on my Uni choices.

Branch: Child Nursing

Uni's- UWL, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Greenwich (Averly hills)

Experience/Course: BTEC Level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social Care - DDM
- Done a plenty of block placements at nursery, day-care centre and care home. I don't have much experience but made sure
my PS shows some passion and enthusiasm for this course.

PS. Anyone applying for any of the Uni's, keep in touch :h:

Hiya,I have applied for Hertfordshire for child nursing too! Have you heard anything back? I also completed the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care-I achieved triple distinction*.

Please let me know when you hear anything from Hertfordshire and I will do the same when I hear anything back :smile:

Good luck! xxx
Congratulations!
Congratulations!

Thank you!
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hiya,I have applied for Hertfordshire for child nursing too! Have you heard anything back? I also completed the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care-I achieved triple distinction*.

Please let me know when you hear anything from Hertfordshire and I will do the same when I hear anything back :smile:

Good luck! xxx

I'm still waiting for my tutor to do the damn reference :angry: Yeah I'll keep in touch, Thank you and All the best to you too!
PS: Triple D*:colondollar: Luccccccky! I failed my first year (Always late and missing deadlines, uno haha)
Original post by KirsttyyM
Yeah king! Heya! I'm applying for Greenwich too at avery hill because I also want to do child nursing and also Surrey! Aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woohoo, I got a friend, tell me how it goes and who knows we might end up togeey :h: Good Luck! Really nervous about surrey's MMI though.
Original post by KingK16
I'm still waiting for my tutor to do the damn reference :angry: Yeah I'll keep in touch, Thank you and All the best to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting for my referee to do mine too and I swear the wait is killing me!!
Hi!
Unis applying to: northumbria, bradford, manchester, sheffield hallam, york
relevant/previous experience: weeks work experience placement shaddowing nurses on children's liver renal and gastro, two weeks in a primary school, volunary work in a primary school, volunteering as an assistant with children with servere disabilities

absolutely terrified my personal statement wont be good enough and i wont get an interview or place at my first choice university. haven't got any form of life back up plan
Original post by KingK16
I've decided on my Uni choices.

Uni's- UWL, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Greenwich (Averly hills)

Experience/Course: BTEC Level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social Care - DDM
- Done a plenty of block placements at nursery, day-care centre and care home. I don't have much experience but made sure
my PS shows some passion and enthusiasm for this course.

PS. Anyone applying for any of the Uni's, keep in touch :h:

I'm currently in my first year at Middlesex (not nursing though as I missed my offer grades) so any q's about the uni you can ask me!
Are unconditional offers a possibility for nursing? Has anyone heard of someone receiving one?:flower2::flower2:
Are unconditional offers a possibility for nursing? Has anyone heard of someone receiving one?:flower2::flower2:

I've heard of Southampton offering them before (after interviews), other than that I'm not quite sure! :h:
Original post by dragonsonmars
I've heard of Southampton offering them before (after interviews), other than that I'm not quite sure! :h:

Thanks!! Good luck!
I think I'm more nervous about being able to afford to go to flipping interviews! Joys of being an away student!
Good luck with interviews/ offers, my friend got some with 5 days, so seems quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Yes, I have had two out of five uni's offer me interviews for child nursing (at the moment). The uni's are: bucks new and Wolverhampton! Good luck to you too!

hi, when did you send your application off and roughly after how many weeks after did Wolverhampton reply to you and invited you to an interview. I'm asking as Wolverhampton is one of my choices as well for children's nursing.I'm just waiting for my reference now and then its going to be sent off:smile:.
Original post by Tab19
hi, when did you send your application off and roughly after how many weeks after did Wolverhampton reply to you and invited you to an interview. I'm asking as Wolverhampton is one of my choices as well for children's nursing.I'm just waiting for my reference now and then its going to be sent off:smile:.

I sent my application off on 6.10.15 and 1 week and two days before being invited for an interview. Good luck!
Reply 216
I sent my application off on 6.10.15 and 1 week and two days before being invited for an interview. Good luck!

Thank you!!!!
Is it bad that I'm sending my ucas off this week coming up because everyone's getting interviews and replies.
Do you think I've left it too late?? Even though I'm told the deadline is January but I got advice to send it off before the end of October which I am doing.
Reply 218
Original post by JJW182015
Is it bad that I'm sending my ucas off this week coming up because everyone's getting interviews and replies.
Do you think I've left it too late?? Even though I'm told the deadline is January but I got advice to send it off before the end of October which I am doing.

No it's not late at all, I haven't sent mine off yet, mines getting sent in 2 weeks or sooner, so it's ok, hope that helps 😊
Non of my friends sent off theirs before start of dec (all 7 off them are doing nursing!!) and all got interviews and places same as everyone else :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending