The Student Room Group

Why are we giving social housing to immigrants from Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia etc?

Isn't it a bit silly to admit immigrants who can't even afford their own accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco

Isn't it a bit silly to admit immigrants who can't even afford their own accommodation?

Off-topic:Why do so many homeless people have dogs, when they can't even take care of themselves?
Reply 2
Bump
Original post by textbookanswer
Off-topic:Why do so many homeless people have dogs, when they can't even take care of themselves?

Company, and for safety.
Reply 4
This is disgusting!

and will only get worse unless we leave the EU
Reply 5
All the Europhiles have gone quiet, wonder why?
You need to educate yourself on how people get social housing, seriously.

We dont "Admit" them. We have no choice in the matter. They are free to come and go as they like because we are not allowed to control who enters the country inside the EU
Reply 8
Original post by Betelgeuse-
We dont "Admit" them. We have no choice in the matter. They are free to come and go as they like because we are not allowed to control who enters the country inside the EU

Yes we do "admit" them- we are forced to "admit" them. We can stop any person entering our country if we so wish if we ignore the EU, but Cameron abides by the EU.

How many British people in Poland, Bulgaria and Croatia lived in state-funded accommodation during the same time period? 10,000? You bet your *******s hardly any!

The EU: rediverting British wealth to Eastern Europe....
Reply 9
Original post by OU Student
You need to educate yourself on how people get social housing, seriously.

Is what I posted incorrect? Did we hand 10,000 social housing spaces to migrants from Eastern EU countries?
Yes we do "admit" them- we are forced to "admit" them. We can stop any person entering our country if we so wish if we ignore the EU, but Cameron abides by the EU.

How many British people in Poland, Bulgaria and Croatia lived in state-funded accommodation during the same time period? 10,000? You bet your *******s hardly any!

The EU: rediverting British wealth to Eastern Europe....

Well yes technically we can just say no just like technically I can drink drive. There are repercussions for both though
Reply 11
Meanwhile we have 1.8 million Brits on the waiting list, social housing should be for British citizens only
Reply 12
Well yes technically we can just say no just like technically I can drink drive. There are repercussions for both though

If you drink-drive you will be arrested. However, what is the EU going to do to us??
Is what I posted incorrect? Did we hand 10,000 social housing spaces to migrants from Eastern EU countries?

You do realise that part of the criteria in a lot of cities is that you must have lived in the area for a certain amount of years, have a connection to the area, etc?
You do realise that part of the criteria in a lot of cities is that you must have lived in the area for a certain amount of years, have a connection to the area, etc?

What about the other cities though?

I am from Sweden and it saddens me, there are homeless people everywhere in the UK :frown:
If you drink-drive you will be arrested. However, what is the EU going to do to us??

They hit us with huge fines and sanctions usually
Reply 16

Yes I know this. So what?

Because of the EU we are providing social housing to people entering our country who cannot even afford to live here!
Reply 17
They hit us with huge fines and sanctions usually

Dont pay them. Then what are they going to do? They need us a lot more than we need them!

Re sanctions: they would never place trade sanctions, it would collapse the entire eurozone.
You don't really care about homeless people Billy or any notion of a welfare state that would house them. You are just using it as a reason to bash immigrants via proxy.

You don;t think we should house these people because they are foreign and you don;t think we should house native homeless people because they do not have any money of their own with which to purchase somewhere to live. You don;t want to help either.

Your crocodile tears will not put British homeless people in homes.

That advert just screams of Golden Dawn.
(edited 8 years ago)
Dont pay them. Then what are they going to do? They need us a lot more than we need them!

Re sanctions: they would never place trade sanctions, it would collapse the entire eurozone.

Im not sure lol Wish somebody would do it though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending