The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
inb4 tried to be a smart **** and it backfired
inb4 proved you know less than **** all about economics

do tell me more about how investment government spending and net exports are relevant to aftv becoming even more scummy than they currently are and selling "tours" led by some fat **** around Arsenal to tourists

Edit: basically if you're going to try to be clever at least get the correct industry model (monopolistic competition for this one :smile: )

Could you argue that it would be an Oligopoly? Considering there are only a few youtube channels that dominate the 'market' and there are significant barriers to entry? Profit maximisation might not be the only objective e.g. sales maximisation or increase no. of viewers in this case.
Edit: Yh i got rekt.:colonhash:
inb4 tried to be a smart **** and it backfired
inb4 proved you know less than **** all about economics

do tell me more about how investment government spending and net exports are relevant to aftv becoming even more scummy than they currently are and selling "tours" led by some fat **** around Arsenal to tourists

Edit: basically if you're going to try to be clever at least get the correct industry model (monopolistic competition for this one :smile: )

Is that aimed at moi or Atom?
Original post by The Shed End
Is that aimed at moi or Atom?

Me.
Why is the formatting on this forum so ****e? Can't post a pic without it just posting the link, try to edit it, says some bull**** error messages saying it's been posted and refresh the page, reload it hasn't changed, delete message, repost it, try another image doesn't work, error message again.

Not to mention that it's impossible to use on Firefox for me.

Aids posters on here as well
Why is Leinad waving his economics cock on this thread constantly nowadays
Original post by The Shed End
Why is the formatting on this forum so ****e? Can't post a pic without it just posting the link, try to edit it, says some bull**** error messages saying it's been posted and refresh the page, reload it hasn't changed, delete message, repost it, try another image doesn't work, error message again.

Not to mention that it's impossible to use on Firefox for me.

Aids posters on here as well

Same **** happens to me.
I just delete the message and post it again.
To compensate for his real cock:biggrin:
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
Why is Leinad waving his economics cock on this thread constantly nowadays

Because it annoys me when people pretend they know about economics when they don't. When you have to spend hours studying it everyday like i have to for my degree the only thing worse than seeing people use economics on here is seeing them use it wrong.

Why is fftypocorrector not typo correcting nowadays?
inb4 we all make mistakes
Besides, there are bigger problems to worry about then a bunch of people on youtube for **** sake. Sort your lives out.
Original post by Rk2k14
Could you argue that it would be an Oligopoly? Considering there are only a few youtube channels that dominate the 'market' and there are significant barriers to entry? Profit maximisation might not be the only objective e.g. sales maximisation or increase no. of viewers in this case.
Edit: Yh i got rekt.:colonhash:

On the YouTube platform possibly, in terms of tours I'd say they're in a classic monopolistic competitive market, I mean they aren't competing with each other as no true fan will tour both the Emirates and Stamford bridge with these melts (well actually if these aids tourist are dumb enough to go on one of these tours they probably aren't a true fan and will go to all of them ffs). Because of that they're the only firm in the market of cringy "authentic" tours, but other than building of the aftv brand name barriers to entry are free, other than having some knowledge about the club and area. So in long run hopefully other melts join this melt fest and force Robbie and his group of merry melts to drop their prices until it isn't profitable for them anymore
On the YouTube platform possibly, in terms of tours I'd say they're in a classic monopolistic competitive market, I mean they aren't competing with each other as no true fan will tour both the Emirates and Stamford bridge with these melts (well actually if these aids tourist are dumb enough to go on one of these tours they probably aren't a true fan and will go to all of them ffs). Because of that they're the only firm in the market of cringy "authentic" tours, but other than building of the aftv brand name barriers to entry are free, other than having some knowledge about the club and area. So in long run hopefully other melts join this melt fest and force Robbie and his group of merry melts to drop their prices until it isn't profitable for them anymore

Strong use of melts. :biggrin:

Would take quite a long time considering they may not be in it for profit maximising (doubt it tho, considering how they're milking people), but if demand was apparent then it could lead them to increasing sales maximisation or even satisficing.
Point being these melts are gonna be here for a long time.
They'd probably do it for a loss. I mean, monetary gain doesn't take into account the price of ego inflating that these guys crave. I expect mr net spend is running the show on this one, or Ty. I can imagine it now on the tour around the Emirates Moh being like "and here's where I became a vine sensation" and "here's where I talked about net spend" and "here's where I said how Chelsea have no history so are a **** club and united are living in the past so are a **** club". And Ty showing the crowds his favourite store "so here's where i bought my arsenal headphones which I don't use to listen to music but to complete 'the look'" "here's where I bought my arsenal magic bottle and if you want the TRUE arsenal experience I'll take you to my dealer who's magic dust i put into my arsenal bottle for when I have to face that suicidal bald prick".

Inb4 I'm grumpy from doing uni work all day and using this petty hatred to vent my frustration :wink:

Dem feels
#firstworldproblems

Agree with you there, they already have a mass audience queuing up for the next Claude vs Ty and just throw in the fella Moh to spice things up. Even more cringy when he brings up his past 'fame' thinking he's slick.
(edited 8 years ago)
Another ****hole poverty ridden nation.
Reply 1714
Sand & mud huts .. oh and ebola

Since I started calling him out on his spelling errors
FFTypoCorrector? I swear he never corrected typos, just quoted wromg spellings. Inb4
Wrong

Sean
Because it annoys me when people pretend they know about economics when they don't. When you have to spend hours studying it everyday like i have to for my degree the only thing worse than seeing people use economics on here is seeing them use it wrong.

Everyone could do that then. Did @Isometrix correct someone every time they talked about a footballer being injured, does @little_wizard123 go on about his PhD 24/7 (I believe it's in econ, may be maths though), does @Sr90 Sucks BBC correct someone when they talk about History etc etc. It comes across as you boasting, I don't think that's your intention but i'm just saying it as it is.
When Typo spots a mistake.

Latest