The Student Room Group

How does getting into a relationship work?

I'm going to sound like such a kid but I'm actually just an inexperienced 19 year old. There's a guy that I like and I don't know if he likes me back or not but nevertheless it got me curious as to how this **** works. Like does someone just ask to date you, do you hang out and then decide to be in a relationship? The whole thing is kind of surreal to me. I'm not really sheltered; it's just the process of it happening confuses the hell out of me. And what do you even do in a relationship? Like do you just act like really good friends who kiss and ****? I know I must sound like such an idiot right now especially as my friends have been in relationships before. Like I said, it's all kind of surreal to me.
have you ever watched a movie?
Original post by Anonymous
have you ever watched a movie?

why do you need to be anon to make this post
Has he performed the sacred ritual yet?
Meet some guy, get to know him (by talking to him), do things with him (as many different things as possible), then if you're ready, willing and able... share feelings. Hold hands. Kiss. And y'know, that thing.

But it seems guys only want to do "that" without caring about the person they do it with. :|
Anyway the best piece of advice I have for you is don't worry about what other people think is the best way to start a relationship, just do what you think feels right. If things go wrong, you'll learn from your mistakes. That is what life is about. Its too boring listening to other people.
You're a girl? Should be very easy. Here's what you do:

Stand outside
Wait for men to approach you
??????
Profit

If you're a guy, then it's a different story, you'd actually have to put in some effort.
Reply 7
Original post by Thickfreakness
You're a girl? Should be very easy. Here's what you do:

Stand outside
Wait for men to approach you
??????
Profit

If you're a guy, then it's a different story, you'd actually have to put in some effort.

I am a girl. But I look about 12. So this method does not work.
I'm going to sound like such a kid but I'm actually just an inexperienced 19 year old. There's a guy that I like and I don't know if he likes me back or not but nevertheless it got me curious as to how this **** works. Like does someone just ask to date you, do you hang out and then decide to be in a relationship? The whole thing is kind of surreal to me. I'm not really sheltered; it's just the process of it happening confuses the hell out of me. And what do you even do in a relationship? Like do you just act like really good friends who kiss and ****? I know I must sound like such an idiot right now especially as my friends have been in relationships before. Like I said, it's all kind of surreal to me.

After you've slept together 2-3 times (separate occasions) normally one of you mumbles something about leaving a toothbrush and some spare pants. Tada! You are now in a relationship.

Mainly you carry on with your previous life, but now with regular sex.
I would help but I don't know myself. :o:
A relationship begins when your father and him start arguing about camels and sheep.
1) Conduct a formal interview
2) If successful, agree on terms
3) Draw up a contract
4) Hire lawyers to look over the contract
5) Both parties must sign in the presence of at least 5 witnesses
6) If either party is dissatisfied, they are entitled to a full refund provided it is within 28 days of the contract having been signed and proof of purchase is presented

Turning now to your second question about what one does in a relationship ...
Actually, um :erm: I don't know ... for some reason I never got any contracts past step 4 (I guess the lawyers must just have noticed that there were too many superinjunctions).
(edited 8 years ago)
The whole formality of asking to be in a relationship or asking someone if they will be your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't even happen. You hang out, you go on a date or two or three, physical stuff more often than not happens, and at that point, not depending on physical stuff, you are already in a relationship. There's no contract or formal agreement.
Again I stress the point that sex does not have to happen in order to be in a relationship.
I'm stressing that point seeing as you've never been in a relationship and don't know how they work so I assume you would believe anything a potential boyfriend would tell you to get in your pants, assuming again he's a dickhead.
Original post by belalbenfadhel
The whole formality of asking to be in a relationship or asking someone if they will be your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't even happen. You hang out, you go on a date or two or three, physical stuff more often than not happens, and at that point, not depending on physical stuff, you are already in a relationship. There's no contract or formal agreement.
Again I stress the point that sex does not have to happen in order to be in a relationship.
I'm stressing that point seeing as you've never been in a relationship and don't know how they work so I assume you would believe anything a potential boyfriend would tell you to get in your pants, assuming again he's a dickhead.

Oh God no; honestly that's part of the reason I've never been in a relationship. I do NOT trust easy :/
Has he performed the sacred ritual yet?

So much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest