The Student Room Group

Scared I won't get offers? UCAS

I've just finished my personal statement for psychology and im applying to unis that require:

AAB x 2
ABB x 2
BBB

At AS level I got: AACU
I'm predicted at A2: A*AB

I'm just worried about the subject I failed at AS? Am i still likely to get offers?😅😅😅
You should get 5 offers :smile: I was predicted AAB after getting ABCC at AS and got offers from every university I applied to that had AAB grades or lower
Reply 2
Where did you get offers from? :smile: I'm just nervous due to the subject i got a U in at AS :frown:
Original post by p.formanko
You should get 5 offers :smile: I was predicted AAB after getting ABCC at AS and got offers from every university I applied to that had AAB grades or lower
Original post by stormh0ld
Where did you get offers from? :smile: I'm just nervous due to the subject i got a U in at AS :frown:

Kings, Exeter and Newcastle :smile: I was rejected from LSE and Bristol but that's because I was an idiot and applied for courses that were beyond my predicted grades :tongue:
Just don't declare the U
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Just don't declare the U

that's illegal

edit: WORDING WAS WAY OFF
you'll basically jeopardise your application by withholding information from UCAS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thecatwithnohat
that's illegal

No it's not. You're not lying. You can choose not to declare grades, just means you may be disadvantaged as you have less AS subjects.
Original post by hudamh
It's not. You don't have to declare Us.

You have to declare ALL results - read the information on this website and on UCAS.
Original post by mizzsnazzter
No it's not. You're not lying. You can choose not to declare grades, just means you may be disadvantaged as you have less AS subjects.

Not all universities put you at a disadvantage for have 3 ASs, though there are some that request that you must have a pass in your AS that you dropped. Where on earth did you get that from? :erm:

Original post by hudamh

left out any relevant information, including qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting results

We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks) or have reasonable belief that your application contains false information.

Source: https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-declaration

Look at the link and then come back to me.

UCAS have iffy years when they say you have to declare you grades (even failed ones, mind you), and others where they're just like "don't bother".

I think my use of the word "illegal" was a bit extreme, but UCAS have every right to withdraw your application.

Please don't provide people from this year's UCAS cycle with false information.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hudamh

Woo, this argument again...

I believe UCAS has stated before multiple times that you have to declare failed qualifications i.e. Us, now.
Reply 10
Original post by CloakedSpartan
Woo, this argument again...

I believe UCAS has stated before multiple times that you have to declare failed qualifications i.e. Us, now.

I don't mind about declaring it. More so about whether i will be offered a place at Birmingham :frown:
Ok looks like the policy has changed since when I applied. I agree you need to declare all grades

Quick Reply

Latest