- White House
- craziness (in a good way)

Canada
- Maple
- Superwoman
- Canola (just learnt about it in Bio!)
Original post by william walker
Ulster.

NI is an afterthought of a country, sorry.
Original post by banterboy
NI is an afterthought of a country, sorry.

Ulster isn't though.
Reply 43
Original post by Arkasia
I think of the miserable, hypocritical, cynical wastes of space that make up the majority of its population.

Oooh salty just how I like them. Teach me senpai
Original post by Nikita Verma
UK
- The amazing Royal Family
- University
- The place I want to live in <3

USA
- Hollywood
- White House
- craziness (in a good way)

Canada
- Maple
- Superwoman
- Canola (just learnt about it in Bio!)

I want to see your face when you realise that you don't want to live here.image.jpeg
Original post by StrawbAri
How so?

Our rates of poverty, our attitude towards immigration, our attitude towards foreign language learning, our house prices etc. are all pretty shameful for such a supposedly 'fantastic' country.
England:
Football
Self deprecating sense of humour
Good mix of things to do

USA:
Inbreeding
Deep South Inbred Mutant Cannibals
George Bush's smile when he remembers 9/11 was an inside job

Canada:
Extremely nice people
That amazing waterproof, stretchy paper money
Seemingly everyone's ideal place to immigrate
Brilliant country with good unis and generally nice people (well except from in the south :wink:). Just needs a better voting system and to get rid of the monarchy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
Nice country. They need to fix the rain and bad food problems though.
Crap weather
Chavs
Bad teeth
Greedy government
Fat people
I think the United Kingdom is the most culturally rich, historically valuable place in the world. They've definitely earned their place at the zero point of longitude, latitude, and time zone divisions. I believe they've outshone even the Roman Empire. If they could have held onto Australia, Canada, India, and Ireland, they would probably be a superpower to this day.

It wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that they are probably the best nation ever to walk the face of the Earth, and that many of their former colonies are a close second. They leave thriving civilizations in their wake, they've worked to spread capitalism, democracy, and the English language all over the world, and they are one of the most generous countries with foreign aid. I really don't see how anyone couldn't like them or their culture.

I think that every nation in the world should strive to be more like the UK. It should be considered the standard against which all future nations are compared. The world should look to it as a role model, essentially. Pretty much every country they've ever colonized has been left better than they found it, except maybe some of the African ones... but aside from South Africa, there aren't really any successful nations on that continent anyway.

Actually, yes... all of that is contained in my first thought. I've read so much history that just hearing the name mentioned causes all of that to enter my mind at once.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrKmas508
I want to see your face when you realise that you don't want to live here.image.jpeg

Trust me, that will never happen. So don't hold your breath.

Why don't you tell me why you think I'll regret it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply