The Student Room Group

New AS and A-Levels???

Hi, I recently found out that the Government are introducing A-Level reforms. I am planning to do Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Mathematics (Statistics) in September 2016. However, the new AS level reform states that the grade in AS does not count for 50% of the A-Level grade anymore. And now the exams are at the end of the year instead after each module! What do you guys/girls think?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ibrahim11
Hi, I recently found out that the Government are introducing A-Level reforms. I am planning to do Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Mathematics (Statistics). However, the new AS level reform states that the grade in AS does not count for 50% of the A-Level grade anymore. And now the exams are at the end of the year instead after each module! What do you guys/girls think?

They've already been introduced across multiple subjects! I'm currently doing the new A-levels in History and Biology.

Honestly I'm not feeling like it's too bad because I'm dropping History so I'll only have one linear examined subject at the end of Y13. Maths and Politics are still the old ones so I do 50% of each at the end of this year.

And in reality it's not too dissimilar from people retaking all of their modules for one subject at the end of Y13 so it is manageable.
Reply 2
And now the exams are at the end of the year instead after each module!

They've never been after each module but they are now all at the end of 2 years.
Hi, I recently found out that the Government are introducing A-Level reforms. I am planning to do Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Mathematics (Statistics) in September 2016. However, the new AS level reform states that the grade in AS does not count for 50% of the A-Level grade anymore. And now the exams are at the end of the year instead after each module! What do you guys/girls think?

As a current A2 student im just glad I don't have to do them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending