The Student Room Group

Student discounts

Would I still be able to get student discounts in the UK using my ISIC instead of an NUS card?
Original post by FZka
Would I still be able to get student discounts in the UK using my ISIC instead of an NUS card?

I get discounts in Blacks using my old campus card and I've graduated.
Depends on the shop whether they ll accept it or not
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Depends on the shop whether they ll accept it or not

I hoped they were the same. How can I know which shops?
Original post by FZka

as long as it one which is brough thought the NUS. it will be fine, or it was for me last year.
Original post by FZka

Best way is to ask if they do student discount. Most of the time they don't need to verify the card - just quickly look at it. I often sweet talk people in Burton and Paperchase into giving me student discount with my Student ID. My uni decided not to put an expiry date on our cards...
Original post by FZka

With some its a case of asking or checking their websites
Original post by Roving Fish
My uni decided not to put an expiry date on our cards...

Same problem with mine, so the cinemas and most of the shops refuse to accept them -_-
Original post by Roving Fish
Best way is to ask if they do student discount. Most of the time they don't need to verify the card - just quickly look at it. I often sweet talk people in Burton and Paperchase into giving me student discount with my Student ID. My uni decided not to put an expiry date on our cards...

Me too haha. Get the unidays app because you get other exclusive discount codes from there and it shows an expiry date so they have no reason to say no :wink:

Same problem with mine, so the cinemas and most of the shops refuse to accept them -_-

Thats mean of cinemas! Two different companies of cinema have let me get discount with my student ID! One time they didn't even look at it :tongue: I just asked if I could use student discount while pulling out my ID from my bag and by then they had already said yes and started putting it in the machine
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx

Thats mean of cinemas! Two different companies of cinema have let me get discount with my student ID! One time they didn't even look at it :tongue: I just asked if I could use student discount while pulling out my ID from my bag and by then they had already said yes and started putting it in the machine

My city is 30% students so i could understand why they were being a bit fussy in a way:P
My city is 30% students so i could understand why they were being a bit fussy in a way:P

:eek: now I'm jealous :frown: I've never found a shop that gives more than 20% discount unless its a limited offer on unidays
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
:eek: now I'm jealous :frown: I've never found a shop that gives more than 20% discount unless its a limited offer on unidays

Sorry my bad grammar, i meant the student population is 30% of the whole population so their stingy on discounts as there as so many of us:P. Most things here are 10-20% except the student offers in the many takeaways
Sorry my bad grammar, i meant the student population is 30% of the whole population so their stingy on discounts as there as so many of us:P. Most things here are 10-20% except the student offers in the many takeaways

Woops that was my fault, I read it wrong :colondollar:
Haha I don't blame them for that! I pull out my ID to get discounts any time I can :lol: I never see many others do it though.. I've been doing it since sixth form :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest