The Student Room Group

A2 Law OCR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saule1116
Is this a discuss or problem question?
For a "Discus..." question - 25 marks for facts, cases, etc. 20 marks for evaluation (what's good, what's bad, reform etc, like part b) questions last year. 5 marks for QWC (Quality of Written Communication). :smile: Hope this helps in any way, if you're still unsure, ask your teacher where you went wrong and how to improve your essays in the future. Don't be too upset though, there's plenty of time to crack this as the year has just begun! :smile:

Thanks, that was a discuss question. I'll try, it's just even if the answer is perfect according to the mark scheme, my teacher would find something really minor like bad paragraphing and will deduct 1/5 of marks. :angry: :biggrin: Hopefully most examiners aren't like that.
Original post by 0123456543210
Thanks, that was a discuss question. I'll try, it's just even if the answer is perfect according to the mark scheme, my teacher would find something really minor like bad paragraphing and will deduct 1/5 of marks. :angry: :biggrin: Hopefully most examiners aren't like that.

My English teacher used to be like that. Picked on me for every little thing that I did wrong, always told me that there is more to improve... I even cried a couple of times. :biggrin: But then, when the exam results came, I got straight As. :smile: So maybe your teacher is just making sure that your answers are perfect, so when the exams come, even with the stress and pressure you can still do well. :smile:
Anyone kne know what to write about for burden of proof and standard of proof on the omission essay?
Reply 23
I was wondering if any on you knew whether it would be okay just to in 2 sentences outline a case further explaining the legal principle of brough about? I don't want to waste too much time describing all the details of the cases 😊
Original post by Calmclo
I was wondering if any on you knew whether it would be okay just to in 2 sentences outline a case further explaining the legal principle of brough about? I don't want to waste too much time describing all the details of the cases 😊

You probably should describe the facts of the case in like 1 sentence. The legal principle is THE MOST IMPORTANT part to remember, so definitely include that. Also, if you're aiming for an A*, try to make your point in chronological order. :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by saule1116
You probably should describe the facts of the case in like 1 sentence. The legal principle is THE MOST IMPORTANT part to remember, so definitely include that. Also, if you're aiming for an A*, try to make your point in chronological order. :wink:

Thank you I will aim to do that when revising! 😊
Original post by Calmclo
Thank you I will aim to do that when revising! 😊

No worries! Good luck with revision and feel free to ask me any more questions! :smile:
Anyone knows how important is it to specify a date when mentioning a case in the exam? I always thought it was necessary and otherwise the case will be disregarded, but now I went through couple of law text books whereby no dates were mentioned, just case names and descriptions so it made me think whether I can make it easier for myself and don't bother with remembering dates?
Thanks.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending