The Student Room Group

English Literature help!

For A2 AQA I have to compare Othello and two other texts on a question about love, I have already found one screenplay to compare it to but what novel could I compare Othello to other than Wuthering Heights?
Moving to English Study Help, where you're more likely to get an answer :smile:
Original post by polpo
For A2 AQA I have to compare Othello and two other texts on a question about love, I have already found one screenplay to compare it to but what novel could I compare Othello to other than Wuthering Heights?

I compared Othello to Wuthering Heights in my A2 AQA coursework this year! It worked really well.

Another text might be The Great Gatsby. It would work perfectly, I think. Gatsby vs Othello - the destructive and tragic impact of love - would be an amazing comparison.
Original post by polpo

What is your screenplay about and what type of love are you seeking?

I compared Enduring Love with Othello and Dorian Gray. Even though my essay was on morality and insanity, it was for the same course you're doing. You can focus on external influences, jealously, destructive, etc types of love.
Reply 4
I did Othello, The Taming of The Shrew & Death of a Salesman :yep:

@polpo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending