The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get into loreto college?

I went to loretos open day todag and i am desperate to get in, but i heard it is competitive so can anyone tell me how hard it is to be accepted in?
Is this the Loreto in Manchester?
Original post by Haaaan
I went to loretos open day todag and i am desperate to get in, but i heard it is competitive so can anyone tell me how hard it is to be accepted in?

I don't know much about the entry criteria but I know that you need to have studied religious studies at GCSE and every week you will have to study it at the college :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Is this the Loreto in Manchester?

Yes loreto college in manchester :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I don't know much about the entry criteria but I know that you need to have studied religious studies at GCSE and every week you will have to study it at the college :tongue:

I dont have a gcse in RE bc my school made it optional and i didnt chose to take it does this mean i wont get accepted?
Original post by Haaaan
I dont have a gcse in RE bc my school made it optional and i didnt chose to take it does this mean i wont get accepted?

Not necessarily! As long as you have good GCSE results, especially in Maths, English and the Sciences, then you will be fine.
xaverian was da bomb maatee BOO LORETOOO
Original post by Haaaan
Yes loreto college in manchester :smile:

Ah ok thats cool, where else are you applying to Manchester?
Original post by Haaaan

whats ur GCSES and tbh aslong as they're decent. it's not like university, you're very likely going to get in
Original post by Mehrdad jafari

The part about GCSE R.E being required isn't true.
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
The part about GCSE R.E being required isn't true.

Yeah, I was just joking. But they do prefer you to have it though as the college is supported by the Catholic Church.
Reply 11
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Ah ok thats cool, where else are you applying to Manchester?

Probably xavarian and aquinas
Original post by Haaaan
Probably xavarian and aquinas

Holy Cross is a good college, not sure how far away from you it is though. :smile:
Original post by Haaaan

I went to the open day aswell and I love it but I'm not sure whether to stay at my schools sixth form or move to Loreto now. Did you sign up for the taster day?
Reply 14
Which school do you go to now? And no I didn't realise you could sign up for it there and then but I wish I had, do you know if I can still sign up another way? And did you sign up?

Quick Reply

Latest