The Student Room Group

D1 and D2 self teach in 6months

Along with m1 fp1 c1 c2 s1 a level edexcel maths modules and economics and chem is it possible to selfteach D1 and d2 this year for AS?
yeah it depends on the person but i'd say 4/5 hours a week should be enough (you could probs do it in less)
Reply 2
Original post by youreanutter
Along with m1 fp1 c1 c2 s1 a level edexcel maths modules and economics and chem is it possible to selfteach D1 and d2 this year for AS?

Definitely! Are you more of a textbook or YouTube learner? :smile:
Original post by ombtom
Definitely! Are you more of a textbook or YouTube learner? :smile:

youtube learner tbh and examsolutions dont do vids :frown:
You've got 4 applied modules there, but you only need 3 for AS Maths and Further Maths combined. The less workload, the better!

You've been wondering about D1 for a while as well - maybe talk to your teachers about it and start making progress?
youtube learner tbh and examsolutions dont do vids :frown:

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/D1/module.php

And i am pretty sure you can instead do C1, C2 and D1 instead of C1, C2 and S1. You are better off talking to your teachers about it however.
Original post by AGalletly
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/D1/module.php

And i am pretty sure you can instead do C1, C2 and D1 instead of C1, C2 and S1. You are better off talking to your teachers about it however.

no im doing further maths but they are making me do c1 2 s1 fp1 m1 m2 without physics this year
and thanks but there arent many vids i guess

I have not personally done D2, but I did D1 last year for AS level. School seemed to be going really slow for the first few weeks so in order for me to feel like I was progressing, I skimmed the entire D1 book in a weekend near the beginning of September. When we covered it in class, I remembered a great deal of it. This was for AQA.

I'd assume that Edexcel would be relatively similar for the standard. In short: yes, it is possible. Start with D1 and see where you are and how the workload for the other subjects is before starting D2.

Good luck. :smile:
Yeah, I have to resit D1, because I didn't fully understand linear programming before I walked into that exam hall on that fateful day..lol results day didnt go well after seeing my D1 grade, I was taken so aback.
I have to self teach this year, because I can't go to any of the D1 lessons...Does anyone have any tips for how i can ACE D1 this year, I'm talking full UMS here or at least very close. Greatfully appreciated, thank you x
D1 is easy but boring as ****. D2 I don't know, probably the same

Quick Reply

Latest