The Student Room Group

what do you do with your friends?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by zyzzyspirit

Spoiler

That film messed me up, it's so effed up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I've done all sorts. I've been to the beach, been to a big shopping center about 50 miles away, I've biked 5 or 6 miles to a woods, I've been to Belgium with my friends! Just do whatever you all want to do.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Anon! :eek2:

XD :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heyitscraziix
I dont care about friends theyre all fake

Most people you meet in life are fake and/or temporary. You only ever have a few 'real' friends who will stick by you and make an effort no matter what. Everyone else will just fade away when you're no longer convenient to them.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
so sad :frown:

I know :cry2:

Thing is I don't have any close friends where I live anymore, and she only has her boyfriend. So we've become incredibly co-dependent with each other even though we live hundreds of miles apart.
Original post by sr90
Spend all day talking on WhatsApp saying how much we miss each other

If you live in the same city as your best friend and get to see them regularly you don't know how lucky you are

How did you drift apart from your friends ? Uni ? Job ? Do you go back often ?
Original post by Anon_98
What don't I do with my friends.:sexface:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Naughty Anon :lol:
Most of my friends live elsewhere; so it's usually talking on FB and stuff. I meet up with one of them once every two weeks - a month and go a group; but we've both decided we're getting a tad bored there and will be leaving. He's agreed to teach me over Google Hangout instead. (assuming I can remember how it works!)
Original post by starlight82
Naughty Anon :lol:

:rofl:

I was joking¡! :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
How did you drift apart from your friends ? Uni ? Job ? Do you go back often ?

Go back? I never left, but everyone else did :lol:

Our group was around 15 people but nobody made a shred of effort to keep in touch tbh, apart from my best friend who I speak to everyday. I lived with 3 people until July, haven't spoken to or seen any of them since.

I think at uni a lot of people just stick together out of convenience, all of our group lived in the same area so it was easy to do things together. Once everyone graduates and goes their separate ways they realise that they didn't have anything in common with some people, they were just someone who they saw because they were in the group.

A lot of people will also get graduate jobs or settle down with their partner so as a result they won't devote much, if any, time to their friends.
Original post by sr90
Go back? I never left, but everyone else did :lol:

Our group was around 15 people but nobody made a shred of effort to keep in touch tbh, apart from my best friend who I speak to everyday. I lived with 3 people until July, haven't spoken to or seen any of them since.

I think at uni a lot of people just stick together out of convenience, all of our group lived in the same area so it was easy to do things together. Once everyone graduates and goes their separate ways they realise that they didn't have anything in common with some people, they were just someone who they saw because they were in the group.

A lot of people will also get graduate jobs or settle down with their partner so as a result they won't devote much, if any, time to their friends.

True. There will only be a handful of people who keep in touch it is a bit ****ty. But what can you do ? I suppose having a partner will help.
Reply 30
Hobbies are an awesome way to make and keep friends!

I haven't seen my best friend in ages, but we get up to all kinds of awesome things over the internet. I mean we make computer games and comics, and neat things like that. We're working on a series of comics right now even. We don't physically do things together and we never talk about personal problems or anything. Neither of us like to do that! And still, we've been friends for almost a decade since we were at school. It just works for us.
Original post by redleader1
True. There will only be a handful of people who keep in touch it is a bit ****ty. But what can you do ? I suppose having a partner will help.

I feel like that's the only way to get anywhere in your mid 20s. Unfortunately that's never going to happen for me.
my close friends and I normally each bring like food or snacks and drinks and we hang out once a week at my place. we just lounge around and discuss about school and fashion. sometimes the discussion may be intense so we try to chat about way non-serious stuff.
Have a water fight?
Original post by sr90
I feel like that's the only way to get anywhere in your mid 20s. Unfortunately that's never going to happen for me.

Yeah I think it is too. Dont worry dont lose hope someone will come along:smile:
drinking, clubbing and fast food
Reply 36
You're probably friends out of convenience then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
I'm a 15 year old girl and this is going to sound like a dumb question but what do you do with your friends? The only thing I ever do with my friends is go to the cinema and we probably only do that like once every two months. Any suggestions/ things you do?

Cinema, Netflix (sans chill :s-smilie:), Squash, Drama group, and generally keep in contact via. Skype in the evenings :h:

Gaming is the no.1 though :wink:
Reply 38
Go to the park,
Invite them to your house,
Go to their house,
Bake together,
Cook together or cook for them,
Cinema,
Bowling,
Ice skating,
Go for a massage,
Go shopping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Yeah but you don't do anything outside of school, the only reason your friendship survived is because you're always with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply