The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliemayxo
What I'm saying is, I don't think they killed her or tried to cover anything up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh rightt, I see. Thank you for explaining. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think she died when her parents stupidly left her and her siblings alone while they went out to dinner then they hid the body and made it a big kidnap investigation. if this does turn out to be the case i hope the parents get sent down for wasting police time
Original post by Anon_98
Ohh rightt, I see. Thank you for explaining. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think she was kidnapped an raised as someone else's child. It's more pleasant than the other theories but if she is found, it still wouldn't be a happy outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Poor girl, wonder what happened
Original post by elliemayxo
I don't think her parents had anything to do with it, but yes they were wrong to leave her alone in a house, very wrong.

I think if she's still alive then she's been brainwashed and being pimped out.

No they weren't. They left Madeleine, her twin siblings and their friends' children asleep in the house while they went out for dinner at a restaurant a few doors down the road. They returned throughout the meal to check on the children, finding Madeleine disappeared only ninety minutes after leaving the house.

I can't stand the kind of sanctimony that brands parents unfit for leaving their children's side for a second. It's ridiculous, back in decades gone by kids would be out roaming the streets playing from dawn till dusk with no mobile phones and as long as they were home for tea it was OK.

It seems like a defence mechanism to me:if you can rationalise it away as a failure of parenting, you can be confident it will never happen to your child as you are cleverer than the McCanns: you'll make sure not to leave their side.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scrotgrot
No they weren't. They left Madeleine, her twin siblings and their friends' children asleep in the house while they went out for dinner at a restaurant a few doors down the road. They returned throughout the meal to check on the children, finding Madeleine disappeared only ninety minutes after leaving the house.

I can't stand the kind of sanctimony that brands parents unfit for leaving their children's side for a second. It's ridiculous, back in decades gone by kids would be out roaming the streets playing from dawn till dusk with no mobile phones and as long as they were home for tea it was OK.

It seems like a defence mechanism to me:if you can rationalise it away as a failure of parenting, you can be confident it will never happen to your child as you are cleverer than the McCanns: you'll make sure not to leave their side.

Whilst I agree with the point does that really apply with 5 yr olds though?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Whilst I agree with the point does that really apply with 5 yr olds though?

50 yards down the road, several kids together asleep (same room too I would guess), frequent checks, kids sound asleep, sounds perfectly fine to me and exhibits a high level of concern and responsibility. Parents certainly deserve to enjoy their holiday as adults for a couple of hours one of the evenings with a reasonable level of precautions taken

Running about the streets alone OK maybe you have a point there :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
50 yards down the road, several kids together asleep (same room too I would guess), frequent checks, kids sound asleep, sounds perfectly fine to me and exhibits a high level of concern and responsibility. Parents certainly deserve to enjoy their holiday as adults for a couple of hours one of the evenings with a reasonable level of precautions taken

That's not roaming the streets ¬.¬
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's not roaming the streets ¬.¬

OK I agree with that, see my edit
Reply 50
I think her parents gave her a sedative and overdid the dose and killed her. Then they buried her.
Reply 51
Original post by thecatwithnohat
parents accidentally killed her, panicked, acted like wet wipes when in front of the cameras.

/thread

This.
Original post by Anon_98
I don't suspect Gerry Mccann has a TSR account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But his nephews and nieces probably do. Besides, that's not the point. The point is that it encourages these baseless accusations being expressed by internet tough-guys and somewhere down the line they are read by the complete strangers these people are talking about. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine how horrible it must be to have to deal not only with your daughter's disappearance but accusations that you yourself had killed or even murdered her.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's simply my own opinion, whether you agree or disagree with it isn't my concern.

It being 'simply your opinion' isn't a defence. You've very arguably committed libel by accusing these people of killing their daughter and covering up the death without any solid evidence, and in an age where Amazon users are being sued as we speak for leaving fake reviews, I'd show a little more restraint online if I were you.

And I'm curious - what would you do should my statement be true?

Why would I do anything? I would be satisfied that I behaved properly throughout.

What would you do if it turns out to be completely wrong, and the internet remains riddled with your baseless accusations that the distraught parents killed their missing daughter themselves?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a noble chance
x

This thread has "what do you think" as the title, hence encouraging discussion and allowing people to express their opinions, allowing people to bring forth theories about the matter even. Yes, there may be evidence that they didn't (accidentally) murder their daughter, but my interpretation of the evidence that's been put forward for them doing so or at least playing some sort of role in her disappearance (intentional or unintentional), I seem to find more convincing.

If people were getting sued for saying something/coming to their own conclusion on a topic/matter that supposedly isn't true, then we'd all be getting some money picked out our pockets.
(edited 8 years ago)
parents accidentally killed her, panicked, acted like wet wipes when in front of the cameras.

/thread

I think this is possible.
Reply 56
Original post by a noble chance
But his nephews and nieces probably do. Besides, that's not the point. The point is that it encourages these baseless accusations being expressed by internet tough-guys and somewhere down the line they are read by the complete strangers these people are talking about. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine how horrible it must be to have to deal not only with your daughter's disappearance but accusations that you yourself had killed or even murdered her.

Wait a minute, are you one of these nephews or nieces you speak about? :curious:
Reply 57
She's probably dead by now. Poor girl :frown:
Reply 58
I heard she was helpin 2pac on his latest mixtape

when you have kids as young as that you should really take another adult family member with you so they can look after the kids if you want to go out without them. its not great parenting to leave your kids alone in a foreign country when they are that young. being 50 yards down the road and frequently checking doesn't make them good parents because if that is what they did then why not just bring the kids to dinner anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending