The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

As level: AABB
A2 predictions: AAB (+A in EPQ)
Universities applied to: Newcastle, Birmingham, UEA (offer recieved), Huddersfield (offer recieved), Lincoln.

All for single honours history :smile:
Doing IB (have predictions but no AS UMS)!
Cambridge Durham Bristol Exeter Nottingham
AS grades: AAAA (History, Latin, Russian, Maths)
A2 predicted: A*A*A (+A* in EPQ and general studies)
Choices: Cambridge, Lancaster, York, Royal Holloway, Exeter

Submitted 9/10 now for the long wait... Good luck everyone! :smile:
Original post by empressbethie

Unless you've applied for History with a year abroad you should hear back from York soon! Got an offer from them on Thursday! :biggrin:
Original post by antigone-
Unless you've applied for History with a year abroad you should hear back from York soon! Got an offer from them on Thursday! :biggrin:

Congrats! Thanks for letting me know :smile:
Reply 25
AS level results: AAAB (history, chemistry, biology, maths)
Predicted Grades: A*A*A (history, chemistry, maths)
Choices: Oxford, York, UEA (received my offer yesterday!), Royal Holloway and Kent
Reply 26
Original post by claudiaford0798
I submitted my UCAS on the 1st and received an offer today from York😊😊

what are your predicted grades? and where else did you apply?
Original post by SMer
what are your predicted grades? and where else did you apply?

Predicted grades: A*A*A
Applied to Birmingham Bristol Nottingham Exeter and York
I applied for History and Russian :biggrin:

AS: ACC (Resitting the Cs)
A2 Predictions: AAB + EPQ
Choices: Sheffield, Nottingham, UCL, Birmingham, Manchester
Reply 29
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Applied to Birmingham Bristol Nottingham Exeter and York

Did you go to a Nottingham open day? I still haven't got a fifth choice yet: it's between Nottingham, Manchester or Sheffield
AS grades: AAAAB (in history, geography, psychology, general studies and English lit)
Predicted: A*A*A (+general studies)
Applying- York, Birmingham (history and anthropology), Exeter, Edinburgh (history and anthropology) and maybe Kent or Nottingham :smile: Good Luck guys
Original post by SMer
Did you go to a Nottingham open day? I still haven't got a fifth choice yet: it's between Nottingham, Manchester or Sheffield

Yes absolutely loved it!! It's a campus so it's away from the city but it's really beautiful!
Reply 32
Yes absolutely loved it!! It's a campus so it's away from the city but it's really beautiful!

I'm really torn now. Have Durham, York, Lancaster and Newcastle down at the moment!
Original post by SMer
I'm really torn now. Have Durham, York, Lancaster and Newcastle down at the moment!

It's very different to Durham it's much bigger and on a campus so of your preferred that then I'd go for one of the others! They want AAA but could maybe accept AAB don't know if that helps
Reply 34
It's very different to Durham it's much bigger and on a campus so of your preferred that then I'd go for one of the others! They want AAA but could maybe accept AAB don't know if that helps

I might put it down. I'll do some research into it and sent my application off next week!
Good luck to you and thank you!
Hey, I am applying for (Modern) History and Politics

AS Grades: B in Chemistry, C in Critical Thinking, B in History, A in Maths, B in Physics (1 mark away from an A)

A2 Predicted grades: A in Chemistry, History, Maths, Physics and Welsh Baccalaureate
I'm resitting one exam from Chem and one from History as I got a C in them and then an A in all the other parts, so hopefully I'll get an A in those AS's after this year as well:

Choices: Swansea, Reading, Leicester, Southampton, Exeter
Reply 36
Original post by francais123
Doing IB (have predictions but no AS UMS)!
Cambridge Durham Bristol Exeter Nottingham

Yay another IB kid!! I'm applying to Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Cardiff so three in common!
Original post by FrankieBee
Hey, I am applying for (Modern) History and Politics

AS Grades: B in Chemistry, C in Critical Thinking, B in History, A in Maths, B in Physics (1 mark away from an A)

A2 Predicted grades: A in Chemistry, History, Maths, Physics and Welsh Baccalaureate
I'm resitting one exam from Chem and one from History as I got a C in them and then an A in all the other parts, so hopefully I'll get an A in those AS's after this year as well:

Choices: Swansea, Reading, Leicester, Southampton, Exeter

People who applied from my school for History have recieved offers from Reading so you should get a fast response!
Original post by empressbethie

I'm applying to Cambridge too! Which college have you gone for?
Original post by rgwx
AS Level - ACC
A2 Predicted - A*AA (+ A* EPQ)
Choices - Cambridge, LSE, Warwick (offer received), Birmingham, Leicester. :smile:

which Cambridge college have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending