725-749 7%
750-774 3%
775-799 5%
800-824 1%
825-849 3%
>8503%
Total votes: 94
It's nearly deadline so time for a new thread!:woo::woo:
A few commonly asked questions about Nottingham Med School (I will be adding them over next few days):
1. Is the course traditional or PBL?
The course is mainly traditional because we have lectures for all but 1 module. We have around 5 PBL sessions in 1st year and our task is to make a powerpoint about cognitive therapy.

2. Is the course system based or subject based?
The modules are system based.

3. Does Nottingham do full body dissections?
Yep, and its awesome! :biggrin: :biggrin:

4. Whats the interview like?
When I applied it was a traditional style but last year they changed the format to MMI. So far there are 4 stations, but Nottingham plans to increase it to 8 in 2016 cycle with at least 1 role play station. You will get more information about it if you get incited to the interview.

More info:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/faq/a100faq.aspx
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying to Nottingham with a score of 51/55, will this be enough?
Reply 2
Original post by Whizbox
I'm applying to Nottingham with a score of 51/55, will this be enough?

You should look at last year thread but I guess you are safe
hey guys
I have 46/55. Is this too risky?
Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by loooolo12345
hey guys
I have 46/55. Is this too risky?
Thanks

you should have a look on last year thread and see how much points people over there had.
I think its a bit risky but worth it if you want to go to Nottingham badly
Do you know what the average cut-off score was out of 55 last year?
Original post by RosieMeiling
Do you know what the average cut-off score was out of 55 last year?

apparently its on the website or ring them up xx
I have a Score of only 39.
Is it worth taking the risk?
My gcses are 3a*s 3as 2bs
UKCAT average of 627.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I know its really close to deadline but I'm really unsure about my choices! I have a score of 45/55 but I had AAAC last year. I've been predicted A*AA, what do you think my chances are?
Thanks!
Reply 9
My school offered only 6 GCSEs,, in which I got all A*s. So in total, i get about a 43/55 because of my GCSEs.
Not advisable to apply?
Need urgent help!
Reply 10
Original post by TW5897
My school offered only 6 GCSEs,, in which I got all A*s. So in total, i get about a 43/55 because of my GCSEs.
Not advisable to apply?
Need urgent help!

call the admission team, they are the only ones who can give you a concrete answer
Hello everyone,

Considering everyone has applied to medicine by now, I thought we should have a thread for medical applicants to Nottingham Medical School.

This way we could all help each other when it comes to interviews and see how competetive it is this year to get to medicine!:biggrin:

Also, has a nyone recieved an email from the uni about the Online Questionaire?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Antonyy21
Hello everyone,

Considering everyone has applied to medicine by now, I thought we should have a thread for medical applicants to Nottingham Medical School.

This way we could all help each other when it comes to interviews and see how competetive it is this year to get to medicine!:biggrin:

Also, has a nyone recieved an email from the uni about the Online Questionaire?

No, I've just recieved an acknowledgement email
Original post by cookiemonster15
No, I've just recieved an acknowledgement email

I haven't even received that which makes me worry even more!
I haven't even received that which makes me worry even more!

When did you send it in?? I got my email 4 days after I sent it in
When did you send it in?? I got my email 4 days after I sent it in

I sent it on the 14th that's weird! I should have got it by now :/
I sent it on the 14th that's weird! I should have got it by now :/

But remember uni's don't look at admissions over the weekend. As long as you've got track I'd say don't worry too much about it, It might just take them longer to send yours as you sent yours near the deadline and many students would send them in at once at that time
But remember uni's don't look at admissions over the weekend. As long as you've got track I'd say don't worry too much about it, It might just take them longer to send yours as you sent yours near the deadline and many students would send them in at once at that time

yeah you're probably right actually! i thought i was the only one who didn't get the online questionaire but since you didn't get it either! i know that i'm not the only one now :biggrin:
Reply 18
yeah you're probably right actually! i thought i was the only one who didn't get the online questionaire but since you didn't get it either! i know that i'm not the only one now :biggrin:

I've applied for Nottingham but also haven't received an acknowledge email yet!
Glad I'm not the only one!
It's says "you're application is being considered" on Track though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Also, the online questionnaire was not mentioned as part of the selection process in the pdf on their website for 2016 entry. Are you sure they're using it this year? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest