The Student Room Group

Personality vs Smarts?

So two guys both are a 7/10 in terms of looks.

Guy one is really smart, driven and mentally capable. He has a nice personality but nothing special. You can spend time with him, but you don't long to spend time with him.

Guy two is averagely smart and just has a decent job he is happy in. However he has a great personality, you love spending time with him and it is the main thing you think about when you are not spending time with him.

So who do you choose? Also for the guys who most if you had to choose between two girls like this who would you choose?

Scroll to see replies

Most girls would go with the second guy.

Money is nice and can be a crutch if you're boring, but if there is one thing better than being rich, it's being the guy who can make anything fun.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Most girls would go with the second guy.

Money is nice and can be a crutch if you're boring, but if there is one thing better than being rich, it's being the guy who can make anything fun.

So if you had to pick between two girls who would you choose?
guy 2
Original post by samina_ay
guy 2

Why?
Original post by william walker
Why?

the great personality and love spending time with him bit lol
Reply 6
So two guys both are a 7/10 in terms of looks.

Guy one is really smart, driven and mentally capable. He has a nice personality but nothing special. You can spend time with him, but you don't long to spend time with him.

Guy two is averagely smart and just has a decent job he is happy in. However he has a great personality, you love spending time with him and it is the main thing you think about when you are not spending time with him.

So who do you choose? Also for the guys who most if you had to choose between two girls like this who would you choose?

Why are you making up these weird scenarios ?
To me having a great personality includes intelligence, so if he was a bit stupid then I'd consider that a crap personality. :tongue:
Original post by JD1lla
Why are you making up these weird scenarios ?

It is interesting. Not weird.
So if you had to pick between two girls who would you choose?

I'm ****ing boring and rich, I'll take the poor fun girl.
Original post by black_mamba
To me having a great personality includes intelligence, so if he was a bit stupid then I'd consider that a crap personality. :tongue:

Well guy one would have an IQ of 140. Guy two IQ would be 85. So he wouldn't stupid, just not really smart.
Reply 11
It is interesting. Not weird.

what's interesting about this situation in your mind?
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I'm ****ing boring and rich, I'll take the poor fun girl.

Fair enough. To best honest. I couldn't choose. I would leave both of them and what for someone different to come along.
Original post by JD1lla
what's interesting about this situation in your mind?

That many people could intelligence as part of the personality and value someone who is capable and ambitious. So they are choose between two things they want.
Well guy one would have an IQ of 140. Guy two IQ would be 85. So he wouldn't stupid, just not really smart.

So he is smart but otherwise nothing special? Then it's an easy choice, the other guy.

But the scenario is a bit weird as it's unlikely to be such a simple choice in real life.

It's possible to meet very smart and very fun laid back people so you can have the best of both worlds. :wink:
Original post by black_mamba
So he is smart but otherwise nothing special? Then it's an easy choice, the other guy.

But the scenario is a bit weird as it's unlikely to be such a simple choice in real life.

It's possible to meet very smart and very fun laid back people so you can have the best of both worlds. :wink:

Which guy are you talking about?

Yeah I know that all to well. :smile:
Reply 16
That many people could intelligence as part of the personality and value someone who is capable and ambitious. So they are choose between two things they want.

This sentence doesn't make much sense
Which guy are you talking about?

Yeah I know that all to well. :smile:

I meant I'd go for the guy I 'longed' to spend time with (as you put it), your 2nd guy. Because it doesn't matter how smart/awesome someone is on paper, if that strong desire isn't there in the first place then there's no point.
As long as guy 2 meets the minimum requirement of intelligence you desire, choose him. This will be the person you'll be seeing on a day-to-day or even maybe daily basis.
Reply 19

85 is well below average intelligence. I would go for the smart guy. I have an IQ of 126 so I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone who had an IQ 51 points lower than mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending