The Student Room Group

Do you really need alcohol to have a 'good time' ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JD1lla
Don't be pedantic you know what I mean. I'll hand-walk you through the question again though...

Have you ever taken any illegal drugs?

What about tobacco? :teehee:

I just said the only recreation drug |I have taken is alcohol. So no.
No you really don't need alcohol to have a 'good time'
No. I've never been properly drunk, I find a good state to be in is mildly tipsy, but most of the best nights out I've had I've been completely sober.
Original post by Oh ooo
You strike me as someone who doesn't like a lot of people.:curious:

You are correct in that assumption.
All you need for a good time is friends, which hallucinogens can provide you with.
Reply 25
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Right, so an appropriate analogy I like to use here is sex.

If somebody who is a virgin and never masturbated etc says to you "I really don't see the appeal of sex. It's just friction, how can it be so amazing?"

Your response would be "Lol, wait till you have sex, you'll see what the fuss is about" or something along those lines.

It's pretty much the same with drugs.
Original post by JD1lla
Right, so an appropriate analogy I like to use here is sex.

If somebody who is a virgin and never masturbated etc says to you "I really don't see the appeal of sex. It's just friction, how can it be so amazing?"

Your response would be "Lol, wait till you have sex, you'll see what the fuss is about" or something along those lines.

It's pretty much the same with drugs.

I didn't say they were not enjoyable....

I;m sure heroine feels intense when you use it. I'm just more worried about the overall effect that drug would have on my life in the long run.
I'm teetotal.

But I go through weird phases where I am stupidly happy (euphoric) and over confident so I don't really need it.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
You are correct in that assumption.

Hehe. I like you though. I think... Well for now anyway XD
Not at all!

Although, there's nothing wrong with going out for a drink one night either!
Reply 30
I didn't say they were not enjoyable....

I;m sure heroine feels intense when you use it. I'm just more worried about the overall effect that drug would have on my life in the long run.

A perfectly legitimate concern. It's why you don't do it regularly or enough for it to be an issue.

What no caffeine? :teehee:
Reply 32
Having a good time depends on the people you're friends with and of course your style of life. If you really want to have a great time without alcohol, you will have it.
Original post by @*=-+1!<>6
What no caffeine? :teehee:

I drink Tea so yes I guess. It's a bit of a **** drug though. It's like saying sugar is a drug. Which it is in a way, it gives you a little rush, but not as mind altering as say weed.
I drink Tea so yes I guess. It's a bit of a **** drug though. It's like saying sugar is a drug. Which it is in a way, it gives you a little rush, but not as mind altering as say weed.

Caffeine can be extremely mind altering, it can cause users to exhibit psychotic symptoms don't cha know.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-21/high-caffeine-use-linked-to-psychotic-symptoms/2766144
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No. I've never been properly drunk, I find a good state to be in is mildly tipsy, but most of the best nights out I've had I've been completely sober.

How much do you normally drink units wise?
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
Most people I know say that when they're drunk it's the best time of their life is this true or?

Have so much fun without drinking alcohol, so - from my own view - I would say no. Don't need it to have a really good time.
No you don't, but I cant stand those people who moan about those who choose to drink and then try to mother everyone by taking drinks off them. You always get a party pooper.
Reply 38

Sugar > Weed any day of the week. Sugar might as well be a drug.
I like alcohol but I don't need alcohol.

Quick Reply

Latest