The Student Room Group

New language guidelines for schoolchildren aged 5+ to stamp out "gender stereotyping"

Children as young as five are going to be admonished for using language that enforces gender stereotypes as new guidelines are sent to every school in England this Tuesday.

School students are no longer allowed to use sexist language to bait each other in the playground, such as "man up" and "go make me a sandwich", and head teachers are being urged to ensure that sexist language is taken as seriously as racist language.

In response, some schools are creating volunteer squads of girls to police sexist attitudes and report back to teachers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11939909/sexist-words-school-playground-report.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2

Great, the A Level forum can discuss it too. Should be plenty of commissar jobs for them as the State seeks to instil politically correct thoughts from the cradle to the grave in order to prove that biology is merely a social construct. Or rather, as a control mechanism, as the logical consequence is that anyone failing to comply with these speech code regulations or who voices opposition to this cultural Marxism will sooner or later be rounded up and placed on a list of dissidents.
Snitches get stitches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To to stop sexism they are going to get squads of girls...
Only getting girls seems discriminatory against boys due to their gender, or sexist in other words!!!
Original post by AlexS101
Only getting girls seems discriminatory against boys due to their gender, or sexist in other words!!!

I thought this was stupid, giving primary school girls playground power will probably cause more bullying and cliquey behaviour.
Original post by DiddyDec
Snitches get stitches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you really advocating a violent response to primary school children who inform their teachers of fellow pupils who use sexist language in the playground? Or are you just parroting a childish cliché?
Original post by AlexS101

What?!

This will genuinely inculcate them with the doctrine of female supremacy. It's going to have to get worse for men before it gets better
Original post by thesabbath
Children as young as five are going to be admonished for using language that enforces gender stereotypes as new guidelines are sent to every school in England this Tuesday.

School students are no longer allowed to use sexist language to bait each other in the playground, such as "man up" and "go make me a sandwich", and head teachers are being urged to ensure that sexist language is taken as seriously as racist language.

In response, some schools are creating volunteer squads of girls to police sexist attitudes and report back to teachers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11939909/sexist-words-school-playground-report.html

As much as some of these phrases are quite meaningless (who would ever care about being called cupcake?) I don't see much issue with this in principle.

I take by your reaction that you want gender stereotypes and gender roles? :laugh:
Lol as if they've chosen only groups of girls to patrol schools
Reply 10
Original post by SHallowvale
As much as some of these phrases are quite meaningless (who would ever care about being called cupcake?) I don't see much issue with this in principle.

I take by your reaction that you want gender stereotypes and gender roles? :laugh:

I take it that you believe a human of either sex is merely a blank slate which can be moulded by sufficiently totalitarian propaganda into believing that 2 + 2 = 5?
Christ, why is this happening to us.
Well I've never heard a five year old tell someone to man up or get in the kitchen. :lolwut:

And what's wrong with cupcakes?:yum:
Seems pretty weird to legislate for speech like this. Very weird, but these are weird times.
I'm not buying it. The only sources on this are the article in the OP and a stub in the Daily Mail. The Independent were reporting it but have since pulled the article. My bull**** detector is going off.
Original post by thesabbath
I take it that you believe a human of either sex is merely a blank slate which can be moulded by sufficiently totalitarian propaganda into believing that 2 + 2 = 5?

No, I just don't believe in gender roles or stereotypes.

So... if a man is capable of doing something which is typically done by a woman then they should be free to do it. Likewise for a woman.

I don't understand how you'd think any different? Or do you even think differently?
Reply 16
No, I just don't believe in gender roles or stereotypes.

So... if a man is capable of doing something which is typically done by a woman then they should be free to do it. Likewise for a woman.

I don't understand how you'd think any different? Or do you even think differently?

Why don't these manly women and girly men get on with it then. Why do we need a totalitarian imposition of abject nonsense in order to facilitate their fantasies of being a second-rate pastiche of the opposite sex?

In order to eradicate stereotypes - which are based primarily on first hand observations of human behaviour (allowing one to make short-cut assumptions in the absence of further information, something which used to be regarded as intelligence) - you would have to subject 100% of the population to propaganda and censorship to a degree even the most totalitarian communist states were not capable of. Any dissidents would prove a serious threat to the agenda which relies on scientific disparities being displaced by feminist conceits.

Political correctness was the first such attempt but the gradual ramping up of it has failed to achieve the only measurable target which is equality of outcome. This is why we now see the State doubling down on this failed strategy on the basis of an entirely erroneous premise: that different behaviours by the male sex and female sex are attributable not to biology but to a culture of gender stereotyping and thus the only way to achieve equality is to change the culture.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, I just don't believe in gender roles

Good luck with carrying a baby and breastfeeding it (if you are male) or impregnating your partner (if you are female) then.
Original post by Good bloke
Are you really advocating a violent response to primary school children who inform their teachers of fellow pupils who use sexist language in the playground? Or are you just parroting a childish cliché?

Neither, simply mirroring the ridiculousness of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They think that is the worse thing children say to each other in the playground :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending