The Student Room Group

Can I get into uni with 2 a levels and an EPQ?

I want to do a degree in media studies or media production. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get into uni with 2 full a levels and an EPQ? I'm currently studying media studies and psychology as a levels & I want to apply for a 2016 entry.
It would definitely be possible if you apply to universities who look at UCAS tariff points. :smile:
Original post by preetg97
It would definitely be possible if you apply to universities who look at UCAS tariff points. :smile:

How do you tell if a uni does this and bases their admissions off mostly UCAS tariff points?
You definitely could! A lot of people from my sixth form have.
Just look at university entry requirements, you will need those who require a certain amount of UCAS points. They will also say whether those are just altogether, or from a specific mixture.
Original post by michaelzz
You definitely could! A lot of people from my sixth form have.
Just look at university entry requirements, you will need those who require a certain amount of UCAS points. They will also say whether those are just altogether, or from a specific mixture.

Cheers
Original post by vstudent
I want to do a degree in media studies or media production. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get into uni with 2 full a levels and an EPQ? I'm currently studying media studies and psychology as a levels & I want to apply for a 2016 entry.

Hi VStudent

A lot of universities (like us) look at Tariff points- especially when the degrees are production based! It's all about the passion for wanting to work in a practical media/ film environment, and less about academic grades.

Good luck!

Best,
Lauren (MFS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending