The Student Room Group

Are my choices OK?

Ok, so I'm taking A2s in Maths, Computing and Physics. I obtained a C in Computing, D in Maths and Es in Physics and Chemistry last year for AS. I'm going to retake AS Maths alongside A2, and also retaking one unit of Computing and one exam and the coursework for Physics. I've been able to get predicted grades of a B in Maths and a C in Physics, not yet got one for computing.
I'm hoping to study Computer Science, are these choices for unis acceptable, and what ones could you recommend for my 5th choice?
Kent - ABB
Surrey - ABB
Lincoln - 300 UCAS pts
Hertford - 280 UCAS pts
I think that since you've been predicted a B and a C so far, perhaps applying to ABB universities might be a bit ambitious. You'd be more likely to get offers from universities with lower requirements, like BBC. Therefore, I'd suggest limiting the number of universities you apply to with requirements higher than BBB to no more than about 2 (which you've already done), and perhaps pick another BBC or even BCC university for your fifth choice, to increase your chances of getting offers :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Leviathan1741
I think that since you've been predicted a B and a C so far, perhaps applying to ABB universities might be a bit ambitious. You'd be more likely to get offers from universities with lower requirements, like BBC. Therefore, I'd suggest limiting the number of universities you apply to with requirements higher than BBB to no more than about 2 (which you've already done), and perhaps pick another BBC or even BCC university for your fifth choice, to increase your chances of getting offers :smile:

this is excellent advice but what concerns me is why you are continuing with 4 a levels. All the unis you are looking at will accept you with 3. Drop one either Chemistry or Physics to allow you more time n the others to get your grades up and possibly get into a better university through adjustment if your top 2 turn you down as seems likely.
Original post by swanseajack1
this is excellent advice but what concerns me is why you are continuing with 4 a levels. All the unis you are looking at will accept you with 3. Drop one either Chemistry or Physics to allow you more time n the others to get your grades up and possibly get into a better university through adjustment if your top 2 turn you down as seems likely.

OP hasn't mentioned continuing with 4 A Levels, unless I missed that?
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
OP hasn't mentioned continuing with 4 A Levels, unless I missed that?

Yeah, I dropped Chemistry, the results turned out in such a way that it would be better to drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending