The Student Room Group

How to get out of the friend zone

So I talk to my crush a few times a week now, trying to snag time as much as possible. We are friends now (or at least i hope so) and I enjoy talking to him, making him like him even more.
Sad thing is that the feeling doesn't seem mutual, he doesn't remember our last convos (a week ago convo) and does not stare at me, although he would look at me in the eye when we are talking so I don't think he dislikes me. He would also be distracted easily like other guys. He's a sociable confident person, kinda immature, which I find is adorable.
Is there a way to get out of the famous friend zone? Or do I have to get plastic surgery lol Any help would be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

You can't force someone to be interested sorry, it sucks that they might not like you but in time you'll find someone who will :smile:
flirt more, see what happens
The "friend zone" does not exist, he probably just does not feel the same way that you feel about him...yet. Keep talking to him and if you've made no progress then move on.
Original post by 7anonymous7
So I talk to my crush a few times a week now, trying to snag time as much as possible. We are friends now (or at least i hope so) and I enjoy talking to him, making him like him even more.
Sad thing is that the feeling doesn't seem mutual, he doesn't remember our last convos (a week ago convo) and does not stare at me, although he would look at me in the eye when we are talking so I don't think he dislikes me. He would also be distracted easily like other guys. He's a sociable confident person, kinda immature, which I find is adorable.
Is there a way to get out of the famous friend zone? Or do I have to get plastic surgery lol Any help would be appreciated.

really?

concentrate on your gcse's for now they are more important
Reply 6
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
really?

concentrate on your gcse's for now they are more important

I'm not even joking. He's smart which makes it more sad to think I'm that irrelevant:frown:
I'm in sixth form loool
Reply 7
If he doesn't fancy you there's no way forward and far better to put the energy in to finding someone who is up for it.
Reply 8
Original post by bellalalaxo
You can't force someone to be interested sorry, it sucks that they might not like you but in time you'll find someone who will :smile:

True, guess I'll have to go on a never ending journey to find someone who will lol
Reply 9
Original post by cole-slaw
flirt more, see what happens

Kinda hard to flirt when I'm not even sure what to do lol
ask The Weeknd, he's been trying to get out of the friendzone too :colonhash:
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
If he doesn't fancy you there's no way forward and far better to put the energy in to finding someone who is up for it.

Will I not be able to change his mind?
Not trying to be rude or abrupt but he just doesn't like you most probably.

Best you just talk to him as friends and focus your energy on someone/something else.

Think about it this way, if someone was really really really into you and you weren't feeling them (for whatever reason) it doesn't matter how much they talk to you and try and 'prove' they will be the best thing to happen to you, you just won't be interested.
In fact what's most likely is you try distance yourself because they aren't getting the message.

I'm saying this because I went through this years ago, funnily enough the person ended up liking me about 2 years later down the line (not saying this will always happen) but I wasn't interested at that point anyway, the moment had long gone XD

All the best OP! :smile:
Kinda hard to flirt when I'm not even sure what to do lol

try some physical contact. maybe a headbutt.
Reply 14
ask The Weeknd, he's been trying to get out of the friendzone too :colonhash:

Yay theres a fellow crushed heart:s-smilie:
Talk to him alot more.. Keep talking and spend time with him
#outofexperience
Yay theres a fellow crushed heart:s-smilie:

sorry your only choice is to listen to drake and cry

you used to look me in the eyeball..... late night when you need my loveee loook me in the eyeball
Reply 17
Original post by MaseratiJay
Not trying to be rude or abrupt but he just doesn't like you most probably.

Best you just talk to him as friends and focus your energy on someone/something else.

Think about it this way, if someone was really really really into you and you weren't feeling them (for whatever reason) it doesn't matter how much they talk to you and try and 'prove' they will be the best thing to happen to you, you just won't be interested.
In fact what's most likely is you try distance yourself because they aren't getting the message.

I'm saying this because I went through this years ago, funnily enough the person ended up liking me about 2 years later down the line (not saying this will always happen) but I wasn't interested at that point anyway, the moment had long gone XD

All the best OP! :smile:

Nah, its fine, better I face the facts than get excited over false hope. That is absolutely trueI know I should move on but I just cant give up:frown: Thanks.
Reply 18
Original post by Vortex98
Talk to him alot more.. Keep talking and spend time with him
#outofexperience

Will do my best
Reply 19
sorry your only choice is to listen to drake and cry

you used to look me in the eyeball..... late night when you need my loveee loook me in the eyeball

I'll resort to that as my final method:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending