The Student Room Group

Another Racist Attack on a Bus

Scroll to see replies

New Labour did well. London is headed for a great future.
it was staged ? they were both actors ?
Original post by democracyforum
it was staged ? they were both actors ?

No no his brain really is that small.
Reply 123
Original post by drbluebox
To be fair people are strange, they only step in when a extreme situation, I for example have been bullied in past and no one cares and just told to man up, get people agressive in street, used to be called freak as I am nerdy(and autistic) no one cares and again say something like man up.

In a situation where something stands out such as a elderly person or a ethnic debate people suddenly feel they want to help as its the ethical thing to do.

No one helped me when I was mugged when I was 16 by a group of teenagers in fact people thought it was funny, even the police acted like it was paperwork and told me I am a young male therefore should of defended myself.

I am sorry to hear that.

Same happened to my brother when he got rushed and robbed.

People can be callous, and heartless. But there some good people in this world.

:hugs:
Reply 124
Original post by AzimH
Retarded is an understatement. His parents are clearly siblings.

PRSOM :rofl:
why does his suit fit him so badly ?
Further details

It seems the incident started over the Turkish Guy not speaking English to his travel companion

While I agree with the rudeness of failing to adopt to the county you move to and making the effort of learning and speaking the language, reacting this way doesn't help the argument
Reply 127
Its unavailable ! Why?
Reply 128
Original post by BaconandSauce
Further details

It seems the incident started over the Turkish Guy not speaking English to his travel companion

While I agree with the rudeness of failing to adopt to the county you move to and making the effort of learning and speaking the language, reacting this way doesn't help the argument

I like how you call not speaking English rude but not the vile rant that ensued.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
What a total prick. Has no knowledge of why the guy is here, or right to prejudge and even if he did collect a benefit he has no right to take the moral high ground. I'd rather have Turkish culture here than Jamaican(Caribbean?) quite frankly. He is scum and a disgrace.

Dont think there was any need for that jab at the end,the guy is scum and his creed come in different races,creed and religions his ethinicity is irrelavent.
Original post by ubisoft
I like how you call not speaking English rude but not the vile rant that ensued.

I've called it racist is that not enough?

But we'll see more and more of this unless something is done
I knew some black guys at uni who seemed more about enforcing stereotypes than nasty racists, they embraced things like hip hop and claiming they were from the ghetto, lived of chicken every day as if it was the best meat ever talked about how all white girls were "ho's" and how they had big black """".

What was funny and also bad was they were racist in the sense they ran the INTERNATIONAL society and all were rich boy Londoners, they would not let any non black people into the society even when Chinese and even European students asked to join they were turned down.

When I say rich they were from places like Kensington and Chelsea, one owned a massive BMW, owned a house in London, one in uni town, and rented a 3rd place in student accomodation just so he could party with the students, and was so lazy he never drove he always got a taxi the 10 minute walk to uni! his friends wore gold items.

They thought it ok to talk about white people even calling them crackers and calling each others the n word.
Reply 132
Why is not speaking English a problem anyway. Nosey people want to listen to everything you say.
Original post by chosenone93
Dont think there was any need for that jab at the end,the guy is scum and his creed come in different races,creed and religions his ethinicity is irrelavent.

Yeah, but there is a side to Caribbean culture. No family values. Huge numbers of absent Dads. Makes them like this, and bet he grew up without a Dad too.
Original post by ubisoft
Why is not speaking English a problem anyway.

Because it's considered rude by most people
Reply 135
Because it's considered rude by most people

Why? As a "thinking mind", you should not just make statements without reasons. :smile:
Original post by drbluebox
I knew some black guys at uni who seemed more about enforcing stereotypes than nasty racists, they embraced things like hip hop and claiming they were from the ghetto, lived of chicken every day as if it was the best meat ever talked about how all white girls were "ho's" and how they had big black """".

What was funny and also bad was they were racist in the sense they ran the INTERNATIONAL society and all were rich boy Londoners, they would not let any non black people into the society even when Chinese and even European students asked to join they were turned down.

When I say rich they were from places like Kensington and Chelsea, one owned a massive BMW, owned a house in London, one in uni town, and rented a 3rd place in student accomodation just so he could party with the students, and was so lazy he never drove he always got a taxi the 10 minute walk to uni! his friends wore gold items.

They thought it ok to talk about white people even calling them crackers and calling each others the n word.

That's odious, especially coming from people living lives of decadent privilege, who have probably benefited from positive discrimination.
Original post by ubisoft
Why? As a "thinking mind", you should not just make statements without reasons. :smile:

It shows little regard for the country you have chosen to move to. It shows you have little interest in being part of the culture and the community you chose to come to but simply want to live a separate life while taking advantage of the host (like a parasite)

will that do?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Yeah, but there is a side to Caribbean culture. No family values. Huge numbers of absent Dads. Makes them like this, and bet he grew up without a Dad too.

Theres so much to that than whats on the surface try being enslaved for centuries and see how your race turns out. I dont condone this type of behaviour but your opening a different can of worms that does'nt need to be open.
Where his parents come from is irrelevant and has no bearing on the issue (unless you are going to argue the children of immigrants born in this country should be considered as immigrants themselves)

I've asked people on this site their opinion of this. They suggest that the children of immigrants should be considered likewise. My parents are born in Pakistan. I'm born in England. I'm not English.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending