The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
Original post by valentinafunaro
Hi!! :smile:
Course: Biomedical Science
College: New College
GCSEs: 7 A*, 4 A's
AS Level: AAAAB (spanish, italian, psychology, biology, chemistry respectively)
A2: A - maths already completed, A* - biology prediction, A* - psychology prediction, A - chemistry prediction

Anyone else here applying to New or for biomed??? :h:

P.S. So nervous for the BMAT :frown: anyone else doing it?

Hi!! I've applied for Experimental Psychology at New :biggrin:
Original post by rvas
Hi!! I've applied for Experimental Psychology at New :biggrin:

wooo yay! Hopefully we'll both get interviews :smile:
Original post by RCharlotte
Applied for Law at Magdalen- so exciting!!!

Same here! Well, Law with French law, but also at Magdalen :smile:
Have you started preparing for the possible interview? I saw they only send you your interview invites in late November/ early December, and I reckon it's better to start preparing before then.
Original post by applying2skool
Same here! Well, Law with French law, but also at Magdalen :smile:
Have you started preparing for the possible interview? I saw they only send you your interview invites in late November/ early December, and I reckon it's better to start preparing before then.

Oh that's cool, I haven't seen many people applying to Magdalen on here! At my sixth form they give everyone who applies to Oxford and Cambridge a mock interview before we even hear whether we have one, so I think that will be quite useful. At the moment I'm reading the books I wrote about in my personal statement again in case I'm asked about them. What preparation have you done? I haven't thought about it too much in order to not get my hopes up! :smile:
Oh that's cool, I haven't seen many people applying to Magdalen on here! At my sixth form they give everyone who applies to Oxford and Cambridge a mock interview before we even hear whether we have one, so I think that will be quite useful. At the moment I'm reading the books I wrote about in my personal statement again in case I'm asked about them. What preparation have you done? I haven't thought about it too much in order to not get my hopes up! :smile:

Cool! Yes, my school also offers interview practice in mid-November I think. That's true, one has to be careful not to get too excited about something that's only a possibility. But I figured I'd attend a few more conferences, university lectures, read more books, keep updated with current affairs etc anyway. Whether or not there's an interview at the end of the line, it won't be detrimental to have read around the subject. :smile:
Original post by sazzledazzle
anyone applying for st catz?

good choice
Reply 3346
Yes, I'm applying for History and Politics at Lincoln
Original post by politicalmind
Sent mine off for Geog at Jesus - anyone else applying for Jesus or Geog?

Geography! which books did you include in your personal statement?
Reply 3348
Hopefully!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello again! Got any other offers? You're all Politics everywhere else right? :smile:
Cool! Yes, my school also offers interview practice in mid-November I think. That's true, one has to be careful not to get too excited about something that's only a possibility. But I figured I'd attend a few more conferences, university lectures, read more books, keep updated with current affairs etc anyway. Whether or not there's an interview at the end of the line, it won't be detrimental to have read around the subject. :smile:

Yeah that's a good way of looking at it, the more you read the better! Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah that's a good way of looking at it, the more you read the better! Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?

So Magdalen at Oxford, King's College, UCL and Queen Mary. They're all for English Law with French Law, and I also applied to a second course at KCL, Politics, Philosophy and Law. Since I already have my grades, I figured I'd only apply to unis I really loved and not "safe" ones. How about you?
So Magdalen at Oxford, King's College, UCL and Queen Mary. They're all for English Law with French Law, and I also applied to a second course at KCL, Politics, Philosophy and Law. Since I already have my grades, I figured I'd only apply to unis I really loved and not "safe" ones. How about you?

Yeah that's good that you're able to go for the unis you really like! I've had to be a bit more careful with choices (I love KCL and UCL but wouldn't apply for them both as I cannot distinguish between them greatly). So I applied for Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Cardiff and Birmingham.
Original post by momo16
Yes, I'm applying for History and Politics at Lincoln

Ah I'm applying to Lincoln as well :biggrin:
A2: A - maths already completed, A* - biology prediction, A* - psychology prediction, A - chemistry prediction

I'm applying for Biomed at Magdalen! Fairly worried about the BMAT too, yeah ^^
Original post by emcowens
I'm applying for Biomed at Magdalen! Fairly worried about the BMAT too, yeah ^^

Nicee :smile: haha yeah, have to get my physics up to scratch:s-smilie:
Reply 3356

Hello! I'm applying to biomed at St John's and I'm dreading the BMAT too :frown:
Got a TSA score of 69.5 after conversion - is this good?
Original post by midgemeister7
Got a TSA score of 69.5 after conversion - is this good?

average is around 60, anything above is only going to help towards getting an interview :smile:

Me. But I'm applying for a different subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending