The Student Room Group

How Do YOU Meet People?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
Hmm, I understand what you mean. Do you not have at least 1 real good close friend that could introduce you to other people? maybe before you enter the bar or when you leave, you can start up a conversation (preferably the latter) with girls. I don't know what goes on in your area, but there are also a few events that you can go to that allows you to meet people such as watching performing arts, theatres, shows. Or if you know a mutual friend that's throwing a house party, wedding, etc try and get involved. Most importantly be confident and try not to force a conversation too much.

I usually go out to clubs with my brother but he's quite awkward so think it's holding me back when I go out. Other than that haven't properly been out for years for a friend outing! I'm considering trying to talk to people then maybe handing them a card with my number on it, but I'm not sure if it would always be appropriate or come off strange in this day and age:PAgain, sorry, I know I'm probably over-analyzing everything, just everything is so online these days so I think making friends in person is more difficult!
Original post by Anonymous
I usually go out to clubs with my brother but he's quite awkward so think it's holding me back when I go out. Other than that haven't properly been out for years for a friend outing! I'm considering trying to talk to people then maybe handing them a card with my number on it, but I'm not sure if it would always be appropriate or come off strange in this day and age:PAgain, sorry, I know I'm probably over-analyzing everything, just everything is so online these days so I think making friends in person is more difficult!

Maybe try clubbing without your brother? If you haven't been out for a friend outing in ages then consider making some friends that are sociable- then meet people other girls on your way there. Don't hand them a card with your number on it because that comes across a bit 'beggish' and desperate and if a guy did that to me it would be so awkward. Making friends shouldn't be too difficult unless you are awkward and shy. Plus as a guy it should be easier to make friends than it is for girls to make friends. Honestly, like don't worry too much about finding 'the perfect' girl as soon as you can, I am not sure how old you but but I am sure that she you have plenty off time and your special someone is there :smile: don't stress over it. Be calm, confident and you'd find someone on your way.
Original post by loveleest
Maybe try clubbing without your brother? If you haven't been out for a friend outing in ages then consider making some friends that are sociable- then meet people other girls on your way there. Don't hand them a card with your number on it because that comes across a bit 'beggish' and desperate and if a guy did that to me it would be so awkward. Making friends shouldn't be too difficult unless you are awkward and shy. Plus as a guy it should be easier to make friends than it is for girls to make friends. Honestly, like don't worry too much about finding 'the perfect' girl as soon as you can, I am not sure how old you but but I am sure that she you have plenty off time and your special someone is there :smile: don't stress over it. Be calm, confident and you'd find someone on your way.

Thanks a lot for your support! Hasn't gone un-appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks a lot for your support! Hasn't gone un-appreciated :smile:

thats absolutely fine- glad that i helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending