The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University 16/17 Applicants

Hi guys,

This is a thread dedicated to anyone who is interested in applying to study with us in the coming academic year (2016/2017).

We know how daunting the applications process can be, and would like to make it as smooth as possible for you. So, if you have any questions related to applications, Open Days, UCAS, courses or more, just give us a shout. We're here to help! :smile:

Here are some important bits of information that you might need (we like to make life easier for you!):

Open Days
Come and visit us at our next Open Day, it's the best way to get a feel for life at ARU. Our Open Days take place in Cambridge and Chelmsford. Our Cambridge Open Day is for courses taught at Peterborough too.

Our next Open Days will be held on 14 November 2015 and 11 June 2016. You can book your place here.

Courses
We have an exciting range of courses available for you to study. Use our course finder to get some information of any courses that interest you.

Applications process
The applications process is varies depending on what you're interested in studying. You can visit our applications information page to find out more.

Here's a really helpful 'Getting into Uni Guide' by Which? University that might help you out during your applications process.

- Team ARU
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I have applied as a postgraduate to the MSc Physician associate studies. When will I receive an update on my application (as I'm unable to check online)?
Is interviews mmi based or a mixture including scenarios?

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by Rafaela
Hi,

I have applied as a postgraduate to the MSc Physician associate studies. When will I receive an update on my application (as I'm unable to check online)?
Is interviews mmi based or a mixture including scenarios?

Thanks

Hi Rafaela

Thanks for your message, Just to let you know, I've been in touch with the Faculty that offers this course to get this information for you.

I'll be in touch as soon as I hear from them. In the meantime, you can have a look at the different types of scholarships we offer for postgraduate students to help you during your studies. You can visit our website for more information.

Speak soon

-Natalie :smile:
Reply 3
Hello,
Is there a way I can track my postgraduate application? I emailed it to admissions and have heard nothing back - is this usual?
Original post by Star69
Hello,
Is there a way I can track my postgraduate application? I emailed it to admissions and have heard nothing back - is this usual?

Hi there! :smile:

Glad to hear that you've applied to study with us!

Is it OK for me to send you a direct message? I'll just need some more information about you and your application so I can check this out for you as soon as possible.

-Natalie
Reply 5
No problem Natalie. Please do.

Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi there! :smile:

Glad to hear that you've applied to study with us!

Is it OK for me to send you a direct message? I'll just need some more information about you and your application so I can check this out for you as soon as possible.

-Natalie
Reply 6
Do you accept general studies a level towards points for your foundation medical science course?
Original post by wxdzx
Do you accept general studies a level towards points for your foundation medical science course?

Hi!

Thanks for your message. The answer to your query is YES - your General Studies A Level will grant you points towards your foundation Medical Science degree.

Is there anything else you need help with?

All the best

Natalie :smile:
Reply 8
Hi guys,

This is a thread dedicated to anyone who is interested in applying to study with us in the coming academic year (2016/2017).

We know how daunting the applications process can be, and would like to make it as smooth as possible for you. So, if you have any questions related to applications, Open Days, UCAS, courses or more, just give us a shout. We're here to help! :smile:

Here are some important bits of information that you might need (we like to make life easier for you!):

Open Days
Come and visit us at our next Open Day, it's the best way to get a feel for life at ARU. Our Open Days take place in Cambridge and Chelmsford. Our Cambridge Open Day is for courses taught at Peterborough too.

Our next Open Days will be held on 14 November 2015 and 11 June 2016.

Courses
We have an exciting range of courses available for you to study. Use our course finder to get some information of any courses that interest you.

Applications process
The applications process is varies depending on what you're interested in studying. You can visit our applications information page to find out more.

Here's a really helpful 'Getting into Uni Guide' by Which? University that might help you out during your applications process.

- Team ARU

Hey, I applied & got my place confirmed for BA Media Studies at the Cambridge campus last summer, for 2016 entry. Would you happen to know when I can get my Student ID/ start applying for accommodation?

I know I can't apply for student finance till Feb next year, and that's not even definite with all this talk on government cuts :angry: but I'm due to make the open day for the 14th to have a look around, could anyone tell me what happens on the open day?

Lastly, if you sign up for the open day, I got emailed a "e-ticket" or should have rather, yet the "e-ticket" is just an email, do i print the whole thing out and bring it with me?

Thanks,
Nathan.
Original post by naataan
Hey, I applied & got my place confirmed for BA Media Studies at the Cambridge campus last summer, for 2016 entry. Would you happen to know when I can get my Student ID/ start applying for accommodation?

I know I can't apply for student finance till Feb next year, and that's not even definite with all this talk on government cuts :angry: but I'm due to make the open day for the 14th to have a look around, could anyone tell me what happens on the open day?

Lastly, if you sign up for the open day, I got emailed a "e-ticket" or should have rather, yet the "e-ticket" is just an email, do i print the whole thing out and bring it with me?

Thanks,
Nathan.

Hi Naataan

Thanks for your email! :smile:

So glad you're coming to study with us next year! All accommodation applications are being accepted from around February 2016, but a date hasn't been confirmed yet. I'd advise you to call our accommodation services at Cambridge just before Christmas to get a confirmed date.

It's great that you're coming down to our Open Day - there'll be loads for you to experience, and you'll get a good feel of what it's like to study at our Cambridge campus. You'll get to meet some of our lecturers who will provide a talk on your particular course or Faculty (your Faculty will be the Faculty of Arts, Law and Social Science). Our Student Ambassadors will be giving campus tours and will share their experiences of life at Anglia Ruskin. We'll also be holding sessions on finance and accommodation - you'll get the opportunity to take a tour of our accommodation suites. You can also find out about our Student's Union and get information about all of the clubs and societies you may want to join.

You won't need to print out your e-ticket; just show us your confirmation email and we'll take it from there.

I hope this all helped!

Looking forward to seeing you on the 14th November!

Reply 10
Hi Naataan

Thanks for your email! :smile:

So glad you're coming to study with us next year! All accommodation applications are being accepted from around February 2016, but a date hasn't been confirmed yet. I'd advise you to call our accommodation services at Cambridge just before Christmas to get a confirmed date.

It's great that you're coming down to our Open Day - there'll be loads for you to experience, and you'll get a good feel of what it's like to study at our Cambridge campus. You'll get to meet some of our lecturers who will provide a talk on your particular course or Faculty (your Faculty will be the Faculty of Arts, Law and Social Science). Our Student Ambassadors will be giving campus tours and will share their experiences of life at Anglia Ruskin. We'll also be holding sessions on finance and accommodation - you'll get the opportunity to take a tour of our accommodation suites. You can also find out about our Student's Union and get information about all of the clubs and societies you may want to join.

You won't need to print out your e-ticket; just show us your confirmation email and we'll take it from there.

I hope this all helped!

Looking forward to seeing you on the 14th November!

Awesome, thanks Natalie - Accommodation was my No1 to look at, as I've been running figures and stuff, and getting all worked up over it, without even speaking to someone or viewing the place! :s-smilie: my friend went this year and loves it, so it's been a case of 'now i know someone whose been' :smile:
Original post by naataan
Awesome, thanks Natalie - Accommodation was my No1 to look at, as I've been running figures and stuff, and getting all worked up over it, without even speaking to someone or viewing the place! :s-smilie: my friend went this year and loves it, so it's been a case of 'now i know someone whose been' :smile:

Hi Naataan

No worries at all! Yes - viewing the accommodation before moving in would be a good idea!

Looking forward to seeing you at the next Open Day! :smile:

- Natalie
Sent my application off to my referee yesterday to study Philosophy - looking to hearing from you :smile:
Original post by rubyroseware
Sent my application off to my referee yesterday to study Philosophy - looking to hearing from you :smile:

Hi rubyroseware

That's amazing! So glad to hear that you've applied to study with us. no doubt, our admissions team will get in touch with you and keep you informed throughout the process.

I wish you all the best, and if you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know on here!

Best wishes,

Hi can i ask how many applicants you have recieved for optometry for 2016 entry??? and how many places do you have for the course, also how many offers do you usually make ?
Original post by poojavparmar
Hi can i ask how many applicants you have recieved for optometry for 2016 entry??? and how many places do you have for the course, also how many offers do you usually make ?

Hi Poojavparmar

Thanks for your message!

Our Optometry course attracts over 500 applications each academic year, but we won't know the final number of applications until January 2016. It's a highly competitive course, but if you meet the entry requirements, you're likely to secure a place.

You can find out more about the course at our Open Day this Saturday (November 14th), where you'll get the chance to meet lecturers and ask any more questions you may have. If you're interested, have a look and our website and book your place.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Hi Poojavparmar

Thanks for your message!

Our Optometry course attracts over 500 applications each academic year, but we won't know the final number of applications until January 2016. It's a highly competitive course, but if you meet the entry requirements, you're likely to secure a place.

You can find out more about the course at our Open Day this Saturday (November 14th), where you'll get the chance to meet lecturers and ask any more questions you may have. If you're interested, have a look and our website and book your place.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

hi thanks for the information. Can i ask how many applicants have you already rcieved this year ? i am thinnking of applying but my predcited grades are lower that what is required so i am not sure if i will be considered still if i was to apply.
Original post by poojavparmar
hi thanks for the information. Can i ask how many applicants have you already rcieved this year ? i am thinnking of applying but my predcited grades are lower that what is required so i am not sure if i will be considered still if i was to apply.

Good morning! :smile:

Unfortunately, I'm unable to comment on how many applications have already been received - this information is only available to the Course Leader. However, the number of applications received isn't necessarily an indicator of whether you'll be accepted onto the course or not.

It might be worth speaking directly to a member of academic staff when you come to our Open Day - they may be able to give you some handy tips on applying for the course.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

I was VERY happy to receive an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin University!

I'm now just waiting on a response from the final university I sent my application to before I can confirm ARU as my firm and then get started with student finance, accommodation, etc.

There are a few things I am nervous about but overall, I'm very excited! :h:
Reply 19
Original post by MichaelThunder
I was VERY happy to receive an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin University!

I'm now just waiting on a response from the final university I sent my application to before I can confirm ARU as my firm and then get started with student finance, accommodation, etc.

There are a few things I am nervous about but overall, I'm very excited! :h:

I've applied as well! Just waiting for a response. Mind me asking what grades you applied with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending