The Student Room Group

Views on this?

Do you think they should have been arrested? why are the appealing this?

[video="youtube;y460mtuTAtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y460mtuTAtM[/video]

Scroll to see replies

So they wanted people to be killed because of how nature made them? :lolwut:

Justice has prevailed IMO.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Indeterminate

i agree 100%
Reply 3
Original post by saxsan4
Do you think they should have been arrested? why are the appealing this?

[video="youtube;y460mtuTAtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y460mtuTAtM[/video]

This is pretty old news. What prompted you to post it today?

My view is that these men should not have been prosecuted. A lot of the problems we are encountering today is that there is insufficient space for people to voice their opinion - even hateful opinion - and that includes insufficient space for people to harshly criticise Islam as it deserves
Hi! 2012 here! How are you doing?

Original post by Rat_Bag
This is pretty old news. What prompted you to post it today?

My view is that these men should not have been prosecuted. A lot of the problems we are encountering today is that there is insufficient space for people to voice their opinion - even hateful opinion - and that includes insufficient space for people to harshly criticise Islam as it deserves

"The men distributed a leaflet that said Islam called for anyone caught committing homosexuality to be executed."
When I see 'people' like this, somehow I forget my actual views and start supporting the death penalty. :h:
Notice they are trying to play victim by claiming the UK is trying to make parts of Islam illegal (rather than simply abhorrent)
Reply 7
Original post by driftawaay
When I see 'people' like this, somehow I forget my actual views and start supporting the death penalty. :h:

Really?
Original post by Rat_Bag
Really?

Really. :h:
Reply 9
I ****ing dislike racist, sexist, homophobic and islamophobic people./
Reply 10
Original post by Indeterminate

Its called homophobia
Reply 11
I can't see how these guys would appeal what they've done. The two guys who justified it at the end did so unashamedly. Ignorance. Where is the humanity? This clearly is not Islam.
Original post by anomaly0
I can't see how these guys would appeal what they've done. The two guys who justified it at the end did so unashamedly. Ignorance. Where is the humanity? This clearly is not Islam.

I think they are going to play the 'we don't say this OUR FAITH says this so should be exempt as it is our faith' card.
Original post by eoe

Given islam's homophobia (as this example shows) aren't you islamophobic for disliking this aspect of Islam?
Reply 14
Original post by eoe

What if someone is Islamophobic because of the sexist and homophobia inherent within Islam?
Reply 15
Original post by BaconandSauce
Given islam's homophobia (as this example shows) aren't you islamophobic for disliking this aspect of Islam?

There is a difference in disagreeing RESPECTFULLY with someones lifestyle and spreading hate and ignorance.
For example, an atheist disagrees with the lifestyle of a religous person, however he is not gonna express hate, Right?

Similarly, Muslims should not say hateful things against homosexuals. Saying things like " You will go to hell " or "you are filthy " is pretty disrespectful and hateful
They should simply say we disagree without making any negative or rude remarks,

Thats it
Reply 16
Original post by driftawaay
Really. :h:

Death penalty for holding views and distributing leaflets communicating those views?

The views may be disgusting as is trying to spread them, but is the death penalty really a proportionate response ?
Original post by eoe

Similarly, Muslims should not say hateful things against homosexuals. Saying things like " You will go to hell " or "you are filthy " is pretty disrespectful and hateful

Thats it

But it's what their faith says are you saying to muslims your faith is wrong? If so you are an Islamophobia

As I said given Islams inherent homophobia and you don't like homophobia you don't like parts of islam so you are a Islamophobia so you must hate yourself.

and how do you tell someone part of their faith is abhorrent in a respectful manner?
Original post by eoe
There is a difference in disagreeing RESPECTFULLY with someones lifestyle and spreading hate and ignorance.
For example, an atheist disagrees with the lifestyle of a religous person, however he is not gonna express hate, Right?

Thats it

Being gay is not a lifestyle. There is no respectful way of 'disagreeing' with homosexuality, just like there is no respectful way of disagreeing with being black or disabled or ginger or left handed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
But it's what their faith says are you saying to muslims your faith is wrong? If so you are an Islamophobia

As I said given Islams inherent homophobia and you don't like homophobia you don't like parts of islam so you are a Islamophobia so you must hate yourself.

and how do you tell someone part of their faith is abhorrent in a respectful manner?

It's simple. You don't tell them in a respectful manner.

The 'tolerate the intolerant' brigade is exhausting. Go away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending