The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by preetg97
Ok. Maybe you ought to take a look at your disgusting, childish, narrow minded attitude and maybe then you'll understand why people have a certain view of you. :smile:

Well many other people actually have the exact same views as me on this. I already understand why people have a certain view of me, thankyou very much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m3m
That last bit is why people dislike you smh. Vile in every sense

Well it's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oh ooo
Oh now I see why most of TSR hates you after you made that thread. You're a narcissistic, self righteous, small minded quack quack duck.

Makes sense.:tongue:

Was insulting people necessary?
Reply 23
Original post by tazarooni89
If not, then surgeons shouldn't be allowed to wear a mask over their face.

Comeon man, surgeons are at-least flexible as in they can take it off outside the operation theatre etc.
Original post by elliemayxo
Well many other people actually have the exact same views as me on this. I already understand why people have a certain view of me, thankyou very much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not about people having 'the exact same views as you', it's about you choosing to voice them in the most pathetic of ways.
Oh, and it's thank you, not thankyou x
Original post by PPF
Comeon man, surgeons are at-least flexible as in they can take it off outside the operation theatre etc.

I know, I'm just saying - the effects of wearing a veil clearly aren't that bad, when surgeons have been doing it for years and nobody has bat a single eyelid.

I wasn't wrong though. You are a xenophobe.
Reply 27
Original post by JackFletch
Was insulting people necessary?

I am just reiterating what was being said about her on her attention thread. And highlighting certain insults that was pointed out on numerous occasions.

And how I see why her posts reflects their criticism.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
I know, I'm just saying - the effects of wearing a veil clearly aren't that bad, when surgeons have been doing it for years and nobody has bat a single eyelid.

It is bad for security purposes. When Surgeons wear masks it's not dangerous because for example when they come to work they sign in etc and only before operating do they wear the mask - that too, for a good reason. In contrast, imagine someone entering the hospital with a full veil, there is no way of identifying who the person is, unless you have someone to check them separately first. Even if you do propose the solution of independent checks for arguments sake (although it has flaws), this still wouldn't solve the problem on tubes and other public places.
my immediate thought is "no" seeing as it's pretty unprofessional to expect a patient to have to attempt interaction without any reasonable view of the personnel's face. also, it's a hospital - there's going to be a uniform policy. if they can make an exception based on this then they can make an exception based on *anything*. keep religion private and professionalism public. maybe if it was a private health care institution then they can do whatever they want and they can set their own uniforms/agendas on religion, but in the NHS, this **** isn't going to fly with me. that's the public's NHS and they expect reasonability - allowing a member of staff to shield their faces from your eyes is totally unacceptable unless it's necessary for the job - which it isn't
Original post by Oh ooo
Oh now I see why most of TSR hates you after you made that thread. You're a narcissistic, self righteous, small minded individual.

Lol ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
No they shouldn't. It's intimidating. Don't come here with your religion when we can't do the same with ours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is it intimidating?
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I wasn't wrong though. You are a xenophobe.

I think I'm more aware of what I am than what you are.

Because you say I am, clearly I must be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily.97
How is it intimidating?

How is it not? If boys get told off for wearing hoodies and balaclavas then whys it ok for Muslims to cover every part of their face?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PPF
It is bad for security purposes. When Surgeons wear masks it's not dangerous because for example when they come to work they sign in etc and only before operating do they wear the mask - that too, for a good reason. In contrast, imagine someone entering the hospital with a full veil, there is no way of identifying who the person is, unless you have someone to check them separately first. Even if you do propose the solution of independent checks for arguments sake (although it has flaws), this still wouldn't solve the problem on tubes and other public places.

Usually, staff access to a hospital ward is granted or denied by electronic means e.g. swiping an identity card, rather than by someone looking at your face to check who you are.

I agree that covering your face may be a hindrance to some forms of security identification, but it seems the issue is only really brought up when it's an Islamic veil. If a surgeon decided he wanted to spend his entire day at work wearing his face mask for example, I doubt anyone would try and stop him.
If not, then surgeons shouldn't be allowed to wear a mask over their face.

false equivalent

try again
I think I'm more aware of what I am than what you are.

Because you say I am, clearly I must be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/xenophobia

As a mental exercise, I leave you to figure it out :h:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/xenophobia

As a mental exercise, I leave you to figure it out :h:

That's nice of you, I think she needs a bit of cognitive stimulation. :smile:
Well its more hygienic isn't it? If they cough at you it will just go into the cloth over their face.
How is it not? If boys get told off for wearing hoodies and balaclavas then whys it ok for Muslims to cover every part of their face?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The context is very different. If a muslim covers their face, it is logical for one to assume that that is because of religious beliefs. When considering that, i wouldn't view that person as somebody who does or tries to intimidate. You could also argue (Im no expert) that its a rule of some sorts to wear it.

Whereas those in hoodies choose to wear hoodies, and it isn't for a reason like religion. They're following a norm and are aware of the fact that it is intimidating, and even take advantage of that. It would be deemed uncivilised and inappropriate to wear a hoody in a hospital, for example, but it is completely different when thinking about religious people who cover their faces, and their reasons for doing so. If that is their belief, we aren't in a position to demand that they take it off. It is a very sensitive topic so you have to be careful, but i don't think there is a good enough reasons to wear hoodies.

Ultimately, i think both are very different scenarios.

Latest

Trending

Trending