The Student Room Group

Why are we giving social housing to immigrants from Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia etc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Good for them if they say no that should be their right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly my point, I don't think @billydisco has any idea what he's on about tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by billydisco
The fishing quota which caused mass job losses in Grimsby?

They'd have lost them anyway AND there's be no fish left. Best of a bad choice really.
Reply 162
Original post by textbookanswer
Off-topic:Why do so many homeless people have dogs, when they can't even take care of themselves?

From Croatia? Nobody is immigranting from Croatia to the UK, it was never interesting. Also, the Anglo-Saxon culture is to foreign.
Reply 163
In what period were these 10000 homes given to eastern EU nationals?

Which countries constitute "eastern EU"?

In what period was it counted that there are 2744 people in the UK sleeping rough? As far as I am concerned, that number is pretty bloody low, and most likely false.

Oh, and by the way, social housing does not mean that you have your rent completely paid for by the state - most often it means that you are in a low-paid job and require extra money in order to just about afford your living costs.
Original post by chantalc
exactly my point, I don't think @billydisco has any idea what he's on about tbh

Paul (the person you quoted) wasn't agreeing with you. He was saying the EU country has the right to refuse the low-skilled British person......
Original post by VannR
In what period were these 10000 homes given to eastern EU nationals?

Which countries constitute "eastern EU"?

In what period was it counted that there are 2744 people in the UK sleeping rough? As far as I am concerned, that number is pretty bloody low, and most likely false.

Oh, and by the way, social housing does not mean that you have your rent completely paid for by the state - most often it means that you are in a low-paid job and require extra money in order to just about afford your living costs.

Emphasis in bold- I couldnt give a **** if all the rent or part of the rent was paid. If you come here, you cover your own costs!
Not really? You can't expect the UK to always get their way and boohoo we voted against something and there were more votes against us. Stop bringing up my age as its more embarrassing for you, seeing as you don't have solid reasons to be against the EU

Embarassing myself? Says the person who thought somebody replying to their post was supporting them and was actually criticising....

You asked me why the EU is bad:

-We cannot control our own borders
-They wish to enforce a financial transactions tax which would screw our economy more than any other in Europe
-55 laws we didn't want have been forced on us
-EU law adds red tape to businesses

Oh but don't reply, otherwise you might contradict yourself again :wink:

What if a low-skilled person from the UK wanted to move somewhere in the EU and they said no?

Then that person cannot move! Simple!
You've gone all quiet since I pointed out Paul wasn't agreeing with you....
(edited 8 years ago)
Embarassing myself? Says the person who thought somebody replying to their post was supporting them and was actually criticising....

You asked me why the EU is bad:

-We cannot control our own borders
-They wish to enforce a financial transactions tax which would screw our economy more than any other in Europe
-55 laws we didn't want have been forced on us
-EU law adds red tape to businesses

Oh but don't reply, otherwise you might contradict yourself again :wink:

Then that person cannot move! Simple!

1. Thats part of freedom of travel, and loads of Brits don't complain when its us going around Europe.
2. If our economy gets screwed, it has a knock on affect to the Euro so that doesnt make sense?
3. we can't always get our own way
You've gone all quiet since I pointed out Paul wasn't agreeing with you....

how childish are you loool. I had school, have you heard of an education?
1. Thats part of freedom of travel, and loads of Brits don't complain when its us going around Europe.
2. If our economy gets screwed, it has a knock on affect to the Euro so that doesnt make sense?
3. we can't always get our own way

1. We're not discussing people going on holiday. Not many British people move abroad to live in Europe compared with the number of migrants coming here. Also, I'm fairly confident a self-sufficient British person would be admitted to any EU country without freedom of movement. In contrast, a sponging, low-skilled immigrant wouldn't get here. Win win.

2) Exactly. You're starting to see what the EU is about now. I told you its sole purpose is to remove wealth from the UK.

3) Yes we can, leave the EU and have a free trade agreement in place?
how childish are you loool. I had school, have you heard of an education?

You were posting in other threads...... just not this one.
1. We're not discussing people going on holiday. Not many British people move abroad to live in Europe compared with the number of migrants coming here. Also, I'm fairly confident a self-sufficient British person would be admitted to any EU country without freedom of movement. In contrast, a sponging, low-skilled immigrant wouldn't get here. Win win.

2) Exactly. You're starting to see what the EU is about now. I told you its sole purpose is to remove wealth from the UK.

3) Yes we can, leave the EU and have a free trade agreement in place?

1. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu
Compared to the 2.3 million EU citizens in the UK, which includes people who came after Poland and nine other states joined the Union in 2004, British consular authorities estimate that 2.2 million Britons live in the other 26 EU countries, excluding Croatia, which joined in 2013.

2. No I'm not.

3. why would the EU make an agreement with us if we left?
1. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu
Compared to the 2.3 million EU citizens in the UK, which includes people who came after Poland and nine other states joined the Union in 2004, British consular authorities estimate that 2.2 million Britons live in the other 26 EU countries, excluding Croatia, which joined in 2013.

Then let their host EU country decide whether they want to keep them or not. Every country should have the right to choose their own citizens/visitors.

2. No I'm not.

3. why would the EU make an agreement with us if we left?

Because we are Germany's biggest exporter? Because without our trade the Eurozone would collapse?
Then let their host EU country decide whether they want to keep them or not. Every country should have the right to choose their own citizens/visitors.

Because we are Germany's biggest exporter? Because without our trade the Eurozone would collapse?

1. that contradicts the whole point in being in the EU.

2. what about other countries e.g. china, india, brasil etc

Because we are Germany's biggest exporter?

False.
1. that contradicts the whole point in being in the EU.

The whole point of being in the EU, from the UK's perspective was for free trade, nothing else.

What about them? Germany currently trades with the UK, thats the point! Stop looking for excuses.
Original post by United1892
False.

I stand corrected, we are third. The point still remains- Germany needs to trade with us.

If we left we would still be competitive as those countries would have the same tariffs put on their exports as us.
The whole point of being in the EU, from the UK's perspective was for free trade, nothing else.

What about them? Germany currently trades with the UK, thats the point! Stop looking for excuses.

we're in the EU for a single market

and Germanys largest trading partners are France then the USA, then us
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending