The Student Room Group

Are girls attracted to intelligence?

I know one guy in my school who is like a total braniac he got 10 A*'s at GCSE and got the best grades in our school at AS. He isn't ugly but certainly not some kind of supermodel plus he's scrawny as ****. I'd rate him around a 7 or something. Yet for some reason loads of girls seem to like him and he seems to speak to a fair amount of girls who seem to want him (granted half are underage). Before anyone says anything about his personality I seriously doubt it's that since he's a bit of a cocky dickhead and cried when his girlfriend broke up with him.

That leaves intelligence as the main factor for attraction. I think his ex claimed she was attracted to him because of the A*'s and the fact he had a big knob. Furthermore I've noticed that when I mention I'm applying to Cambridge girls suddenly seem far more interested in me than they previously were, despite it literally changing absolutely nothing about myself.

Girls is intelligence a big turn on for you? If so why? Is it the developing gold digger in you?

Scroll to see replies

Disregard women

Acquire dance moves
Original post by SwedishRedhead
I'm an Alpha male.

And girls want to **** alpha males. Let it piss you off as much as you want, but you know it's completely true. That girl you like who is kinda cute in a weird way, but is totally sweet and you have the biggest crush on? The one who keeps going back to guys who treat her wrong for reasnos you don't understand? The one who calls you up at 1 am to cry about how her boyfriend hasn't called her in 3 days, and no matter how long you listen to her, she'll never think of you as anything other than asexual? The one who will curl up next to you on the couch, hug you close, kiss you on the cheek, and never let you ****ing touch her beyond that?

Yeah, I'm ****ing her.

The hot girl who won't even look at you when you nod at them and smile? The one who laughs when you trip in the hallway and drop your stuff? The one who comes up and coyly aks for your help with her homework, and then pretends you don't exist once you finish?

Yeah, I'm ****ing her too, even harder.

The geeky girl you think might be enough like you that you have a chance with her? She plays warcraft on your server, and watches anime, and reads comics? She's so incredible and you just love her so much but you still haven't worked up the courage to tell her how you feel about her?

Guess who just sucked me off and told me they'll always love me?

And what's more? I laugh at guys like you. When you cry about how much girls treat you bad, and wonder why they can't just see that you're a nice guy who would always treat them right? I nod and tell you to hang in there, you'll find someone right for you someday, don't give up hope man. But inside? I'm laughing my ass off at you you pathetic ****. Every girl you set your sights on, who isn't a disgusting pig-monster, I'm going to **** 6 ways from sunday before you even tell her you think she's cute. I won't bother trying when you finally settle for that 350 pound girl who works at hardees, you can have that. Anything else I'm going to cum on her face before you get those lips near it.

And the biggest reason I laugh? It's not me doing all this. It's the girls. When you cry about how lonely you are? Or talk about how you just want to curl up and dissapear, and all that emo bull****? You're triggering her "Don't ****" instinct something feirce. You're a miserable weak coward, why would she want your genes? Feel free to buy her a new computer and help her decorate her apartment, you're great for that. But her baby-maker is barking orders at her, telling her to wrap her legs around me and hold on for as long as she can. She needs it, on a primal level you'll never get to see first hand, even if you do get a chance to **** her. Sooner or later one of them will lay back and spread their legs, but you won't see any hunger in their eyes. They won't beg you to love them forever and make them yours. You won't know what it's like to see her animal side needing you as much as she needs to eat and breath.

And she's cheating on you, I promise that. When she sits around quiet and uncomfortable, acting irritable and irrational towards you, wanting you to just back away and leave her alone, it's not her period. It's because I haven't called her for a day or two and her instincts are telling her to go find me. The primitive section of her brain doesn't want to risk smelling like another man when she gives herself to me, she wants me to know she's completely mine. We do things together she tells you she never would. Her pooper? Mine. I want to give her a facial? of course. I want her to suck the cum out of my dick, even though I just finished pumping away at her ass? she's never going to tell me no. She doesn't WNAT to tell me no. She wants me to know she'll do anything it takes to keep me. She'll rim my ass while she's down there sucking me off if it means pleasing me. She'll drink my cum from a shotglass. She'll wear a buttplug when we go out to dinner. She'll sleep handcuffed to my headboard. Anything.

And then she'll go home to you and tell you she's not in the mood today.

I'd say you should become an hero, but you being around makes her want a real man all the more, so keep ***ging it up emo bitches, I'll keep that pussy warm while you're crying in the corner.

Lol we've got a beta over here.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Disregard women

Acquire dance moves

^this

Manlets, when will they learn?

MrKmas508
Lol we've got a beta over here.

I saw when you entered the thread m8 yeah :wink:
I think it's less a matter of intelligence and more a matter of ambition and promise. There's just something appealing about someone who is going somewhere to do important things rather than all of the guys who sell themselves as important but have no drive. Most people who are good at something and show promise are also generally more passionate and show themselves in a more positive light than anyone who is constantly talking about one little thing which doesn't matter. I suppose you could also argue that people are attracted to personality so more people are going to like the person who is said to have achieved brillant grades than someone who they know nothing about.
Probably not his intelligence that's attractive tbh, he probably just has that natural charm and an exquisite character.

The right sort of women are attracted to intelligence but its rare to find them when your still in school/uni . Looks and other factors are far more important at that age, this goes for boys too though, we tend to have our priorities mixed up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I know one guy in my school who is like a total braniac he got 10 A*'s at GCSE and got the best grades in our school at AS. He isn't ugly but certainly not some kind of supermodel plus he's scrawny as ****. I'd rate him around a 7 or something. Yet for some reason loads of girls seem to like him and he seems to speak to a fair amount of girls who seem to want him (granted half are underage). Before anyone says anything about his personality I seriously doubt it's that since he's a bit of a cocky dickhead and cried when his girlfriend broke up with him.

That leaves intelligence as the main factor for attraction. I think his ex claimed she was attracted to him because of the A*'s and the fact he had a big knob. Furthermore I've noticed that when I mention I'm applying to Cambridge girls suddenly seem far more interested in me than they previously were, despite it literally changing absolutely nothing about myself.

Girls is intelligence a big turn on for you? If so why? Is it the developing gold digger in you?

I can't speak for younger girls, I'm in my thirties. What I can tell you is that for me intelligence isn't just attractive it's a must in a partner. Someone can be drop dead gorgeous but I would never go there if they are thick. Someone can be normal looking and intelligent and I would go for them.

It may be about earning potential for some girls, idk. I'll earn my own money thanks. For me it's about having someone on my intellectual level. A relationship without intelligent conversation is a complete bore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm an Alpha male.

And girls want to **** alpha males. Let it piss you off as much as you want, but you know it's completely true. That girl you like who is kinda cute in a weird way, but is totally sweet and you have the biggest crush on? The one who keeps going back to guys who treat her wrong for reasnos you don't understand? The one who calls you up at 1 am to cry about how her boyfriend hasn't called her in 3 days, and no matter how long you listen to her, she'll never think of you as anything other than asexual? The one who will curl up next to you on the couch, hug you close, kiss you on the cheek, and never let you ****ing touch her beyond that?

Yeah, I'm ****ing her.

The hot girl who won't even look at you when you nod at them and smile? The one who laughs when you trip in the hallway and drop your stuff? The one who comes up and coyly aks for your help with her homework, and then pretends you don't exist once you finish?

Yeah, I'm ****ing her too, even harder.

The geeky girl you think might be enough like you that you have a chance with her? She plays warcraft on your server, and watches anime, and reads comics? She's so incredible and you just love her so much but you still haven't worked up the courage to tell her how you feel about her?

Guess who just sucked me off and told me they'll always love me?

And what's more? I laugh at guys like you. When you cry about how much girls treat you bad, and wonder why they can't just see that you're a nice guy who would always treat them right? I nod and tell you to hang in there, you'll find someone right for you someday, don't give up hope man. But inside? I'm laughing my ass off at you you pathetic ****. Every girl you set your sights on, who isn't a disgusting pig-monster, I'm going to **** 6 ways from sunday before you even tell her you think she's cute. I won't bother trying when you finally settle for that 350 pound girl who works at hardees, you can have that. Anything else I'm going to cum on her face before you get those lips near it.

And the biggest reason I laugh? It's not me doing all this. It's the girls. When you cry about how lonely you are? Or talk about how you just want to curl up and dissapear, and all that emo bull****? You're triggering her "Don't ****" instinct something feirce. You're a miserable weak coward, why would she want your genes? Feel free to buy her a new computer and help her decorate her apartment, you're great for that. But her baby-maker is barking orders at her, telling her to wrap her legs around me and hold on for as long as she can. She needs it, on a primal level you'll never get to see first hand, even if you do get a chance to **** her. Sooner or later one of them will lay back and spread their legs, but you won't see any hunger in their eyes. They won't beg you to love them forever and make them yours. You won't know what it's like to see her animal side needing you as much as she needs to eat and breath.

And she's cheating on you, I promise that. When she sits around quiet and uncomfortable, acting irritable and irrational towards you, wanting you to just back away and leave her alone, it's not her period. It's because I haven't called her for a day or two and her instincts are telling her to go find me. The primitive section of her brain doesn't want to risk smelling like another man when she gives herself to me, she wants me to know she's completely mine. We do things together she tells you she never would. Her pooper? Mine. I want to give her a facial? of course. I want her to suck the cum out of my dick, even though I just finished pumping away at her ass? she's never going to tell me no. She doesn't WNAT to tell me no. She wants me to know she'll do anything it takes to keep me. She'll rim my ass while she's down there sucking me off if it means pleasing me. She'll drink my cum from a shotglass. She'll wear a buttplug when we go out to dinner. She'll sleep handcuffed to my headboard. Anything.

And then she'll go home to you and tell you she's not in the mood today.

I'd say you should become an hero, but you being around makes her want a real man all the more, so keep ***ging it up emo bitches, I'll keep that pussy warm while you're crying in the corner.

Yet here you're on TSR having to assert your male dominance with this long *** essay.

Which kind of contradicts your own post.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ana_Maria
I think it's less a matter of intelligence and more a matter of ambition and promise. There's just something appealing about someone who is going somewhere to do important things rather than all of the guys who sell themselves as important but have no drive. Most people who are good at something and show promise are also generally more passionate and show themselves in a more positive light than anyone who is constantly talking about one little thing which doesn't matter. I suppose you could also argue that people are attracted to personality so more people are going to like the person who is said to have achieved brillant grades than someone who they know nothing about.

This.

I've also noticed girls seem way more into guys with genuine ambition who give off that rising star vibe than boys who just have rich parents. Something about it seems to fascinate them.
Reply 9

Yep, got it in one. Basically it increases social status and likely future success. It depends on the circumstances though - so for example, in a peer group where people mock intelligence, you would probably see the reverse because social status (for teenagers) is also strongly linked to popularity. For similar reasons, intelligence won't help you if it is coupled with depression or anxiety, unless perhaps with people who have a carer complex or something like that.
On a side note: Depends on what constitutes intelligence...

i find intelligence SO ATTRACTIVE, I don't why lol.
Reply 12
I think the reverse question is more interesting. Why do boys prefer girls who are more stupid than them?
Original post by samina_ay
i find intelligence SO ATTRACTIVE, I don't why lol.

I honestly can't tell if thats sarcasm or not haha
Original post by Oh ooo
Yet here you're on TSR having to assert your male dominance with this long *** essay.

Which kind of contradicts your own post.

You're trying to assert your male dominance too, which makes you even more beta
Reply 16
Some may be gold diggers. Not ALL but Some
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
On a side note: Depends on what constitutes intelligence...

You should give women more credit than this, there is something much impressive about a self-made millionaire than there is some guy who just won the lottery. It's not just about the money, it's about the story.
Reply 18
You're trying to assert your male dominance too, which makes you even more beta

Am I I? hadn't noticed I thought I was just posting like normal.

Well you know what they say.

it takes one, to know one, right?:wink:
All the guys I've crushed on are high achievers, but that's probably just a coincidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending