The Student Room Group

ELAT Preparation Advice - 2016

Hey there everyone,
As the date of the ELAT looms overhead, I was wondering if there were any friendly students willing to throw in some advice (hopeful and current students)?
Anything is useful - preparation and exam technique, post-result pearls of wisdom, essay do's and don'ts?
I am currently working through past papers and learning critical vocab to get me going, but any insights would be much appreciated ... :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ArtyQuell
Hey there everyone,
As the date of the ELAT looms overhead, I was wondering if there were any friendly students willing to throw in some advice (hopeful and current students)?
Anything is useful - preparation and exam technique, post-result pearls of wisdom, essay do's and don'ts?
I am currently working through past papers and learning critical vocab to get me going, but any insights would be much appreciated ... :smile:

I realize this is late, but hopefully you've already glanced at the ELAT exam thread.
Don't waste too much time scrutinizing for similarities and differences. Keep in mind that you've got to put down all your points on paper and in coherent arguments, and believe me, this is harder than it sounds.
Finish any argument you begin, even if you realize halfway through that it sounds like a load of waffle. Also, don't forget to substantiate your argument with quotes from the passages.
Usually, people pick two passages and analyse those, but if you're incredibly confident, you can go with three!
Good luck with your results!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending