The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Studying in North Yorkshire. Love the place and I am pretty fine with the accent. Food is good as well, I really like Yorkshire pudding with gravy. People are really friendly in my area. In general, I really like it :smile:
Original post by EliteWolf98
Right, I'm from gods country, Yorkshire (West Yorkshire to be specific)

What does everyone think of Yorkshire?
Have you been there?
Do you like the accent or dialect? I've seen my people of this site who dislike the accent.
Do you like the food? Yorkshire puddings ect..
What's your favourite county?

Anyone else here from Yorkshire???

Lived here since i was 2.

North and East Yorkshire are largely fields with some nice English seaside towns.

South Yorkshire is a dump.

West Yorkshire and York are overall good.

York and Halifax are lovely places. Huddersfield and Wakefield are nice but unremarkable. Leeds is the king of Yorkshire and a great place to be (4th richest city by GDP in the UK as well). Bradford is a hellhole which is barely English anymore and is full of Muslims for good or bad. The council also has a habit of trying to object to developments in Leeds and of course elected George Galloway the extremist.
Studying in Sheffield and absolutely love it! Can imagine settling down here if I don't end up moving abroad in the future. Also visited Leeds and York and they were both beautiful cities. Yorkshire's definitely the best county in the UK!
Original post by Rakas21

North and East Yorkshire are largely fields with some nice English seaside towns.

York and Halifax are lovely places. Huddersfield and Wakefield are nice but unremarkable. Leeds is the king of Yorkshire and a great place to be (4th richest city by GDP in the UK as well). Bradford is a hellhole which is barely English anymore and is full of Muslims for good or bad. The council also has a habit of trying to object to developments in Leeds and of course elected George Galloway the extremist.

Bradford hahahahah
Original post by Rakas21

NOT biased at all mate :colonhash:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
NOT biased at all mate :colonhash:

Can't argue against it to be fair.
Original post by Rakas21
Can't argue against it to be fair.

ngl Leeds is a nice place to be but i wouldn't want to live there only bits of Leeds are decent some parts are crappy and becoming, like Bradford, very derelict
Reply 47
It's a bit meh, slightly better than my side of the river but yeah
Original post by Rakas21

Pretty accurate, except York is better than Leeds imo
Anyways, what do you guys think of Sheffield?
I really love Yorkshire that I am planning to go to uni in here. Sheffield in particular :biggrin:
Original post by prepdream
Anyways, what do you guys think of Sheffield?
I really love Yorkshire that I am planning to go to uni in here. Sheffield in particular :biggrin:

I don't mind Sheffield, it's pretty good from what I know
Lived in Bradford for four years for university, it's good but there's too many hills, you play the wrong sort of rugby and mint sauce on non-lamb pies is an abomination that they seem to be obsessed with.
Reply 52
Original post by Rakas21

Are you joking me about bradford?? Barely english? Love, the Muslim population there is 24 percent
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Lived in Bradford for four years for university, it's good but there's too many hills, you play the wrong sort of rugby and mint sauce on non-lamb pies is an abomination that they seem to be obsessed with.

That's cause we don't play posh boys rugby :wink:
Yorkshires allreyt, definitely ones of the top 3 counties in England
That's cause we don't play posh boys rugby :wink:

Need to graduate from training exercises to actual rugby. Watched a few League "games", don't remember a game ever actually starting, just two sides doing ball carrying warm-ups.
Need to graduate from training exercises to actual rugby. Watched a few League "games", don't remember a game ever actually starting, just two sides doing ball carrying warm-ups.

Haha, NRL is better
Haha, NRL is better

No it really isn't, it's painfully dull, Union is a proper sport, given it actually involves teams competing against each other rather than giving each other the ball and saying "your turn now".
No it really isn't, it's painfully dull, Union is a proper sport, given it actually involves teams competing against each other rather than giving each other the ball and saying "your turn now".

Every time they touch ball, they decide to kick it to the other team
Every time they touch ball, they decide to kick it to the other team

Behave, there's plenty of sides that play through the phases, others that play tactically, kicking for territory, there's none actually just giving the ball away (apart from England) - League actually hands possession over after a couple of tackles. Terrible, terrible sport.

Latest