The Student Room Group

Best shoes for nursing?

I start work as a pre-registration nursing student in 2 weeks time and I am trying to sort out my uniform this week.

The policy for shoes for uniformed staff at my hospital is "Shoes must be fully enclosed, water repellent, flat heeled, in good condition, a goodfit and in an appropriate colour. Footwear must be soft soled for reduced noise"

I will be working long shifts so need shoes that not only fit the hospitals uniform policy but are also comfortable and will last me a long time :smile: money isn't really an issue as long as they are durable! Do any of you have any recommendations? I was looking at possibly Doc Martens shoes as I know these can be comfy and last a long time, but I am not sure these are soft soled.

Please help!

Scroll to see replies

I have a pair of doc martens for outside of work and yes they might be comfy now but it took weeks of blood and pain to walk them in- worst shoes to walk in and definitely what you want to be doing whilst on a long shift.

I highly recommend a pair of Clarks unloops.

Here's the link- read the reviews!

http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20312837
I have sketchers go walks and they are so light and comfy. I've had the Clarks and they fell to bits after a few months. It's about trial and error with what you find most comfortable :smile:
Original post by tehsammy
I start work as a pre-registration nursing student in 2 weeks time and I am trying to sort out my uniform this week.

The policy for shoes for uniformed staff at my hospital is "Shoes must be fully enclosed, water repellent, flat heeled, in good condition, a goodfit and in an appropriate colour. Footwear must be soft soled for reduced noise"

I will be working long shifts so need shoes that not only fit the hospitals uniform policy but are also comfortable and will last me a long time :smile: money isn't really an issue as long as they are durable! Do any of you have any recommendations? I was looking at possibly Doc Martens shoes as I know these can be comfy and last a long time, but I am not sure these are soft soled.

Please help!

Clarks Unloops are the most popular with the girls - as one other contributor suggests. I swear by Clarks school shoes as their teenage sizes go up to size 10, which fit me! You may find something smart and comfy in the girls' school shoe section :smile:
I love sketchers go walk they are amazingly comfy but not waterproof and not easy to wipe away any spillages
Reply 5
Another vote for Clarks unloop, mine lasted me 3 years and still have life left in them, but I decided to go for something prettier to go with my blue dresses :biggrin:
Reply 6
Subbed.
Sketchers Go Walk
Reply 8

Please help!

Sketchers without a doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thank you ladies! Have opted for the Unlooped ones :smile: they were so comfy when trying on, like walking on clouds!
Reply 10
Thank you ladies! Have opted for the Unlooped ones :smile: they were so comfy when trying on, like walking on clouds!

Pics?

Ladies!? And gentlemen :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by Zhy
Pics?

Here's a link to them
Not the cutest things in the world... but feel amazing :smile: and I can tell my feet are going to feel awesome at the end of the day.

Original post by PaediatricStN
Ladies!? And gentlemen :wink:

Oh goodness my apologies!! You were so knowledgeable about ladies shoes :P thank you very much Sir!
Nike air lights
Here's a link to them
Not the cutest things in the world... but feel amazing :smile: and I can tell my feet are going to feel awesome at the end of the day.

Oh goodness my apologies!! You were so knowledgeable about ladies shoes :P thank you very much Sir!

Hahaha my pleasure! :wink: Hope you find them comfy :smile:
Huaraches so you can get your shuffle on during night shifts.
Reply 16
and I can tell my feet are going to feel awesome at the end of the day.

Ooh la la... is it just me, or is it getting a bit hot in here? :banana:

Please help!

I saw in my recent visit to A&E a lot of nurses wore Sketchers so something like that in black or white might be good.
I dunno but you can get lots of types of crocs not just the big fat loafer types. Consider checking the site or like in Manchester they have a store they're super comfy.
Reply 19
I've always worn my black nike airs (with a bit of pink on) and literally after months in converses they were a dream!
You can get some that are easy to wipe and clean too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending