The Student Room Group

Chemistry help

Question:
Calculate the following:
Give all answers in standard form to the same number of significant figures as used for the information in the question.
A) the number of atoms of oxygen in 132g of carbon dioxide, CO2
Original post by lucyfran
Question:
Calculate the following:
Give all answers in standard form to the same number of significant figures as used for the information in the question.
A) the number of atoms of oxygen in 132g of carbon dioxide, CO2

Literally just do some research. You'll get no where from getting people to answer your questions, have a google and see what you can find yourself, and if you can't find anything, only then ask:

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/moles/faq/atoms-in-compound.shtml
Reply 2
Original post by Eux
Literally just do some research. You'll get no where from getting people to answer your questions, have a google and see what you can find yourself, and if you can't find anything, only then ask:

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/moles/faq/atoms-in-compound.shtml

I looked online, did some research but didn't understand so I was hoping if someone did a walk through on here of the first question, then I would be able to do the other 20 questions by myself once I had understood the theory of it. So I wasn't just getting people to answer my questions, I was just hoping to gain some more understanding.
Which level is this if you don't mind me asking? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Kugelmugel
Which level is this if you don't mind me asking? :s-smilie:

I'm doing my AS levels if that's what you're asking?
I looked online, did some research but didn't understand so I was hoping if someone did a walk through on here of the first question, then I would be able to do the other 20 questions by myself once I had understood the theory of it. So I wasn't just getting people to answer my questions, I was just hoping to gain some more understanding.

http://www.meritnation.com/ask-answer/question/calculate-the-number-of-atoms-ofoxygen-present-in-88g-of/chemistry/2726410
I'm doing my AS levels if that's what you're asking?

Yes that's what I meant, thank you :smile:

Thing is I've seen several questions like this on here lately and I swear we didn't do this at AS level and I'm wondering if we should've :s-smilie::redface:

Sorry to distract you though! Good luck with AS chem :smile:
Reply 7
Yes that's what I meant, thank you :smile:

Thing is I've seen several questions like this on here lately and I swear we didn't do this at AS level and I'm wondering if we should've :s-smilie::redface:

Sorry to distract you though! Good luck with AS chem :smile:

Are you doing alevels then now? If you didn't do it at AS then I assume you'll do it at A level but I think we also did this at GCSE it's just recapping it but I'm not sure. That's okay, thank you and good luck to you for your alevels if that's what you're doing.:tongue:
Are you doing alevels then now? If you didn't do it at AS then I assume you'll do it at A level but I think we also did this at GCSE it's just recapping it but I'm not sure. That's okay, thank you and good luck to you for your alevels if that's what you're doing.:tongue:

Well I'm at A2 now which is why I should probably know this xD Which exam board are you though? I've never seen this on past papers if I was supposed to know it!
Also, depending on your exam board, I find www.chemrevise.org SO helpful! You might be able to find the answer there if you haven't got it yet :smile:
Reply 10
Well I'm at A2 now which is why I should probably know this xD Which exam board are you though? I've never seen this on past papers if I was supposed to know it!

My exam board is OCR. It's quite strange that you haven't seen it on any past papers though even if you have a different exam board, I would've thought it was a pretty staple thing to need to know.
Reply 11
Also, depending on your exam board, I find www.chemrevise.org SO helpful! You might be able to find the answer there if you haven't got it yet :smile:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest