The Student Room Group

How to decide on the right collage?

I have started going to college open days. After visiting two amazing collages its so hard to decided which ones the right one. i know i have kind of a while to go but i was wondering how you make the right decision when choosing a college . I have already started applying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emabibi
I have started going to collage open days. After visiting two amazing collages its so hard to decided which ones the right one. i know i have kind of a while to go but i was wondering how you make the right decision when choosing a collage. I have already started applying.

*college

It depends on a number of aspects, and which ones are important to you. Compare courses, travel time, what kind of area it is etc. Im sure you will make the right choice :smile:. Id say apply to ones you consider going to, you dont have to make your mind up until August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
college*
First step would be to spell COLLEGE right! Unless you're going to open days to critique their art.

Compare courses, travel time, what kind of area it is, whether anyone else is going, success rate, modules.
(edited 8 years ago)
Locations, reviews from students, results they produce, how many people go on to higher education etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Ben4
*college

It depends on a number of aspects, and which ones are important to you. Compare courses, travel time, what kind of area it is etc. Im sure you will make the right choice :smile:. Id say apply to ones you consider going to, you dont have to make your mind up until August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I didnt realise the mistake :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Ryanx623
First step would be to spell COLLEGE right! Unless you're going to open days to critique their art.

Compare courses, travel time, what kind of area it is, whether anyone else is going, success rate, modules.

Thank you :smile:. Didn't realise my mistake. keyboard is slow and I really need to check my spellings. Thanks for the advices though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emabibi
I have started going to college open days. After visiting two amazing collages its so hard to decided which ones the right one. i know i have kind of a while to go but i was wondering how you make the right decision when choosing a college . I have already started applying.

I'm in the same position as you too! It's quite difficult :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by algebrax1
I'm in the same position as you too! It's quite difficult :s-smilie:

It is, especially with the A-levels I want to take. They are difficult subjects so i really want to go somewhere I can get good support.
I think you should choose the one with the best academic atmosphere and most nurturing environment. After all, college is about getting good grades and getting into a good uni.

Quick Reply

Latest