The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

2 actually! York and Essex :h:

I'm sure your offers will come flooding in soon!
St Anne's for maths and computer science! Anyone? :smile: x
Original post by haien910
St Anne's for maths and computer science! Anyone? :smile: x

Just Computer Science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JennieRDS
I've heard many people comment on the friendliness of LMH. I didn't visit it in the end though which is a shame. I applied to Oxford, St Andrews, Edinburgh, York and Glasgow. All for biochemistry but, yes, some are biological sciences first and foremost. I'm very excited!

Yes, LMH was very friendly and I choose it because it was the furthest from the city centre and as it has its own boating centre - I am a very keen canoeist! When I went on the open day it was beautiful and had lovely gardens and the buffet lunch was fab!
Good food is also high on my checklist for colleges!
For open applications, are we informed which college is reviewing are application?
Original post by theonetruequeen
For open applications, are we informed which college is reviewing are application?

Hi, I've also made an open application. Yes, I received an email telling me that this week (Before the 23rd of October) I would be notified by email of my designated college.
Original post by Pcabezas
Hi, I've also made an open application. Yes, I received an email telling me that this week (Before the 23rd of October) I would be notified by email of my designated college.

Okay, thank you! I just rechecked my email and it's there in the acknowledgement. #fail
Okay, thank you! I just rechecked my email and it's there in the acknowledgement. #fail

Don't worry it happens to all of us. Best of luck!
Guys. Do tell me whenever you receive an email regarding your designated college. We should start receving by tomorrow. I guess.
Don't worry it happens to all of us. Best of luck!

Thank you, you as well! What course are you applying for?

Original post by HassanAftab
Guys. Do tell me whenever you receive an email regarding your designated college. We should start receving by tomorrow. I guess.

Definitely, I'll post here once I get a mail.
Thank you, you as well! What course are you applying for?

Definitely, I'll post here once I get a mail.

Biochemistry and you?. By the way, I didn't choose any colleges because I'm an international student so I didn't really have any idea of which to choose, why didn't you?

I'll also post it here when I'm notified.
Biochemistry and you?. By the way, I didn't choose any colleges because I'm an international student so I didn't really have any idea of which to choose, why didn't you?

I'll also post it here when I'm notified.

Engineering, actually, and the same as you - I'm an international student as well :tongue: I went to Oxford when I was in the UK this june, but we weren't allowed to look at colleges since it wasn't open day. Such a shame :frown: At least they're better than Cambridge at this though - at Cambridge there was no one who would provide us with any sort of help or assistance, but at Oxford we went to an admissions office and talking to a counselor there completely changed my perspective on applying there.
Yeah, I've applied for History and Politics at St Anne's :smile:
Haha, well good luck to you!

In all honesty, I've done no where near as much preparation as I should have! I've done my A-levels now and I'm taking a year out. I applied last year (didn't get an offer and didn't intend to reapply but I realised the university I had a place at, I didn't want to go to, so while reapplying this year I thought why not go for Oxford again), so I've already done the HAT once. What about you?
Original post by HassanAftab

Sure will!
Original post by J Cal
I have! Good luck!

You're doing Geog at Jesus too??
Original post by GeogersReprsent
Geography! which books did you include in your personal statement?

I referred to 3 different books and some articles too :smile:
Oh cool! I'm kinda glad to meet someone else who is! :P

I guess that's the best thing you can do! I completely agree about the paper on the day though. Fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Original post by sr111
Hello! I'm applying to biomed at St John's and I'm dreading the BMAT too :frown:

Same :frown:
Original post by hermionegrangcr
Me. But I'm applying for a different subject.

Oh okay, cool :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending