The Student Room Group

Do you really need alcohol to have a 'good time' ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
You don't need alcohol to have a good time on a night out. I drink very little (never had hangovers or anything) and would get told off at predrinks because to them it made me look antisocial (if I wasn't drinking or didn't have a drink in my hand), yet I was talking to most people, starting conversations with new people and having a laugh. I would say that 'good time' sensation is short lived if you wake up with a splitting headache, and look at how much you spent and the Facebook pictures the following morning.
Original post by cole-slaw
He has a damaged cerebellum after only moderate drinking? That is alarming news.

Course not but that isn't what you were arguing. Bull**** doesn't help your argument py0alb. :wink:
Original post by @*=-+1!<>6
Course not but that isn't what you were arguing. Bull**** doesn't help your argument py0alb. :wink:

Yes it is.

No-one said anything about excessive alcohol. The claim was simply that "Alcohol damages the brain".

Excessive food consumption makes you morbidly obese. But the statement "food makes you morbidly obese" is clearly ridiculous.

The same principle applies here. The statement "alcohol damages the brain" is entirely erroneous. Millions of people drink alcohol their entire lives without any deleterious effect on their brain whatsoever.

You've lost the argument. Go troll elsewhere.
Original post by Katty3
Alcohol is a psychoactive drug. It damages the brain and can actually make people quite ill.

Well... I don't wish to argue, but I think if you actually did some research you would find all those things are myths.

Not myths, simple as that.

You've lost the argument. Go troll elsewhere.

Grow up man, you're 34!
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think alcohol is the answer but these people obviously disagree with me.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ~Seraphina~
I don't think alcohol is the answer but these people obviously disagree with me.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh my, they look like they were having SUCH a good time¡! Goals.:moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Oh my, they look like they were having SUCH a good time¡! Goals.:moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
No. People that think this is true are stupid.
Original post by 04MR17
All you need for a good time is friends, which hallucinogens can provide you with.
Sales are now up and running so get your orders in fast! You can start your own friendship group!
Original post by JD1lla
Then don't? It's not about having to take something to have a good time, that's not what I'm saying.

Drugs command a lot of respect. I don't take them every weekend or every night out. There are certain situations where they can be safely enjoyed and are fun. It's all about mood enhancement.

My priorities are having a healthy body/state of mind, so it's not something I regularly delve in. I enjoy LSD and occasionally I'll have some exceptionally strong weed which is nice, or hash. I don't buy into stoner culture or LSD hippie BS. It's just nice, enjoyable and for me, safe.

What I find hypocritical is people who are like "I would never touch drugs, it's disgusting and vile and I have no interest in it" but end up hitting Malia for 2 weeks battered off their faces on alcohol - a drug that supposedly is okay because it's 'social' and 'legal'.
there is one huge problem with illegal drugs : you never know what exactly is in the dose you are absorbing

if you are unlucky, you will get dodgy components/overdoses. People have died because of this. Trusting your local pusher blindly seems a very risky strategy.

If you want to continue the parallel with alcohol, it's like getting drunk on moonshine. You may end up blind (or even worse).
No, you don't. I care too much about my renal organ to damage it on just having a 'good time'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanny17
No, you don't. I care too much about my renal organ to damage it on just having a 'good time'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only have one?
You only have one?
I was born with 3 kidneys!
Original post by mariachi
there is one huge problem with illegal drugs : you never know what exactly is in the dose you are absorbing

Well unless you grow your own of course and it can still be the case with alcohol, there were a spate of methanol poisonings a couple of years ago:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19608461
(edited 8 years ago)
You only have one?

Lol, I would assume this is a rhetoric. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.

But I have a hell of a lot more fun in some places if I've been drinking.
I think if your a naturally outgoing and extroverted person, you can get along fine without alcohol, but for me I like drinking because you let yourself go a bit more, speak to people you wouldn't normally, dance like an idiot, have a laugh with your mates over anything and it just generally improves the evening
I don't need it, but it can be boring with out it at a party, it generally makes the night more fun
Original post by rigamortis345
I don't need it, but it can be boring with out it at a party, it generally makes the night more fun

Also regret it more :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord Kitchener
I think if your a naturally outgoing and extroverted person, you can get along fine without alcohol, but for me I like drinking because you let yourself go a bit more, speak to people you wouldn't normally, dance like an idiot, have a laugh with your mates over anything and it just generally improves the evening

Yesss I agree with this. Usually I open up a bit more when I've had a few drinks and I'm not as anxious being out of my comfort zone.

Quick Reply

Latest