The Student Room Group

Is it weird that I don't go on holidays?

Scroll to see replies

No I haven't been for a while either for a few reasons. It's stressful, expensive and I don't have that perfect friend or boyfriend to go with. Fed up of going with parents and always having to visit people which means you have to be on your best behaviour... More stress. And of course expensive.

Pet hate is everyone posting their holidays on social media it's like right so I have to be doing that to be a real person then. 😒
Original post by United1892
Aye it's hard to equal that level of ****hole full of ******s.

:rofl:
B..b..ut holidays are actually the best. :puppyeyes:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by MAINE.
And do what?

Go walking; animal watching; fishing?......Snoozefest.

Exponentially more interesting things to do in cities (esp. major developed cities) than other places.

Cycling, walking, beach days if you go near the seaside, exploring villages and small towns, relaxing, having peace and quiet and generally getting away from city life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
work hard now and then later on you can take as many holidays as you want.
I don't either

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't go on holidays either because my family put me off them and I'm not exactly going to go on my own.:yawn:
Original post by Little Popcorns

Pet hate is everyone posting their holidays on social media it's like right so I have to be doing that to be a real person then. 😒

This.

Except I like going on holidays with my family. :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by United1892
Aye it's hard to equal that level of ****hole full of ******s.

Cool story broseph
As is clear from the post, lots of people don't go on holiday because they can't afford it. I don't think it would be very normal to genuinely not want to go on holiday. I think mentally it is just so helpful to get properly away for periods of time and have a dedicated time to do what you want to do. I don't really understand not wanting to see a bit of the world and see beautiful places, I'm not really a sit-by-the-pool type though.

In terms of an interview situation I think the only thing you should be concerned about is giving the impression you're a motivated, ambitious person who actually does more than sit around watching TV. So if you were saying you never go on holiday I would personally follow that up with either 'I'm hoping to do X in the future' or 'I prefer to devote my time to my hobby'.

Quick Reply

Latest