The Student Room Group

How to break up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiaswift
It's a metaphor, please don't tell me you don't know what a metaphor is? I even summed up what the metaphor was sayig, although I noticed you conveniently ignored that part

Yeah. I understand.

But why didn't you like those cereals eh? Are you gonna enjoy eating me then drop me like them?
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah. I understand.

But why didn't you like those cereals eh? Are you gonna enjoy eating me then drop me like them?

Well for me, the last 'cereal' I had was abusive, both physically and emotionally. My current cereal treats me with respect and love.

Not saying this is the same for her. She may just have been looking for some fun whilst she waited for someone who wanted a relationship to come along. Nothing wrong with that, as long as she used protection. Having a sex life is not a bad thing
Original post by georgiaswift
Well for me, the last 'cereal' I had was abusive, both physically and emotionally. My current cereal treats me with respect and love.

Not saying this is the same for her. She may just have been looking for some fun whilst she waited for someone who wanted a relationship to come along. Nothing wrong with that, as long as she used protection. Having a sex life is not a bad thing

HOW MANY TIMES.

I dont mind much that shes done stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

The context bothers me immensely. It shows that she doesnt associate the same meaning and importance with certain things as I do.
Clearly you already made your mind up... it's not hard.... just tell her you don't want to be together anymore.

On another note, why u still using anon like u didn't give the game away a few posts ago :rofl:
Original post by Jenx301
Clearly you already made your mind up... it's not hard.... just tell her you don't want to be together anymore.

On another note, why u still using anon like u didn't give the game away a few posts ago :rofl:

Yeah Ik.... :l

What about getting her out of my head?

I was so convinced that she was the one...
HOW MANY TIMES.

I dont mind much that shes done stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

The context bothers me immensely. It shows that she doesnt associate the same meaning and importance with certain things as I do.

Well when you break up with her, don't cite that as the reason why. Telling her that the way she's acted in the past is the reason could destroy her self confidence. Just tell her you aren't ready for a relationship right now, or you'd rather be friends, or whatever cliche you feel like
Enuf detayls

Tell me how to break up and get her out of my heart and head.

tbh OP, at the age you both are,you're probably gonna break up at some point anyway.

You break up with her by saying that you don't want to see her again because you don't feel that she's the person you are looking for . Then you move on by having no contact, and focusing on yourself for a while - errrrr..Did you really need to create a thread for this...don't you know all this?!
It isn't childish.

I have no problem with her having a sexual past, except jealousy which is justified. My problem is the nature of it.

Which is childish. If you had no problem with her as a person and she's not cheating on you or trying to get you involved in things you don't like then it is causing no issues at all. Having sex in public or having multiple sexual partners is not an indication of someone's moral fibre. Believing she is less of a person for having explored her sexuality (and not extensively by the sounds of it, she was still a virgin!) is a really childish view of the world.
Original post by doodle_333
Which is childish. If you had no problem with her as a person and she's not cheating on you or trying to get you involved in things you don't like then it is causing no issues at all. Having sex in public or having multiple sexual partners is not an indication of someone's moral fibre. Believing she is less of a person for having explored her sexuality (and not extensively by the sounds of it, she was still a virgin!) is a really childish view of the world.

How does one think like this...?

Of course having multiple partners reflects on yours morals!!!!!!! It shows that you don't consider it to be an intimate thing!!!! I completely do.
Original post by donutellme
How does one think like this...?

Of course having multiple partners reflects on yours morals!!!!!!! It shows that you don't consider it to be an intimate thing!!!! I completely do.

I've had one night stands. Doesn't mean for a second that sex with my long term partner isn't intimate, special, important or meaningful. It's a completely different thing. A one night stand or casual sex is a bit of fun, sex with a serious partner means a lot.
[video="youtube;Rolfwv1djjI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rolfwv1djjI[/video]
I've had one night stands. Doesn't mean for a second that sex with my long term partner isn't intimate, special, important or meaningful. It's a completely different thing. A one night stand or casual sex is a bit of fun, sex with a serious partner means a lot.

Interesting.

I dont see it that way though.

Anyway. I've told her. And she sent a video saying how sorry she is and how much she regrets it and we skyped. Then I drew the line and said we're done. She's hurt. I'm hurt.

What's the next step?
Original post by donutellme
Interesting.

I dont see it that way though.

Anyway. I've told her. And she sent a video saying how sorry she is and how much she regrets it and we skyped. Then I drew the line and said we're done. She's hurt. I'm hurt.

What's the next step?

move on and don't be such a douche to the next girl you meet who inevitably will have a sexual past
move on and don't be such a douche to the next girl you meet who inevitably will have a sexual past

You clearly cant use your brain, thanks for the advice though
So me and this girl have been together for ~5 months. And it's been intense. (im 18, she's 16)

We hit it off really well, and fell for each other hard.

After telling each other we liked each other, but just before actually getting together, we started telling each other more about ourselves.

She told me she had a previous bf. No biggie.

Then I found out more and more, and about stuff she'd done. And quite frankly it disgusted me and put me off her. But I stuck through because I loved her and wanted it to work.

Turns out she really downplayed everything, and it was farrr worse than what she let on. It's completely a deal breaker for me, and I'm just.... eugh...

So now I'm adamant. I don't want her.

But I still ****ing love her...

How can I break up with her?

Should I tell her why (it'll hurt her feelings)? Or do I just get up and leave?

And how do I get her out of my head? I gave her everything. She was my first everything. She is my everything...

I thought about your situation for a while, and these are my thoughts:
She can't change what she's done, obviously, so the only thing that can change now is your feelings towards how she's behaved.

In my opinion, the fact that she has been honest with you (not immediately, granted, but that's understandable considering*) demonstrates that she has respect for you and trusts you. It also shows resignation to having more self respect and not acting that way again. Honestly, I've done things I'm ashamed of and at this point I can't imagine telling a future partner unless I thoroughly trusted him and respected him enough to be completely honest and open.
Another point I'd like to make is, acting the way she has doesn't mean she's a whore. She's probably young, silly, suggestible. She may have felt pressured or just felt as though it was just a bit of fun, and didn't take it seriously. Lots of girls (and boys) behave like that, it doesn't mean they're bad people.
You could try talking this through with her, explain how what she's told you has made you feel. Between yourselves, you might be able to come to some sort of conclusion where you both feel better about this.
*After all, people aren't always honest, particularly when they're at a stage in a relationship where it may not be worth complete honesty.
I hope she finds someone better than you.
Original post by Rock Fan
I hope she finds someone better than you.

Why do you say that?
Lolk

I do love her. Just because I have a problem with what she's done means I don't love her? Cool story

What she's done hugely reflects on her character and self worth. And so she clearly isnt who I think she is.

maybe her being with you has changed her for the better?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending