The Student Room Group

Do petit females date guys their own height?

Firsly, what would youdefine as being small? Anything under 5"7? Under 5ft?
I am (I think) just about5ft (male), and I think difficult to find a partner whowould want a relationship with someone their height e.g. 5ft femaledating a 5ft male.
Do women feel comfortable todate someone their height?Do they want someone who is tall,strong and protective over them?
Even if 2 (small) couples(the same height) were to date, a lot of women nowadays wear high heels, sothat would make them taller that their partner.
Any insight/ feedback intothis would greatly boost confidence for the future, Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

For a guy, I'd say roughly any height below 5'6-5'7 would be fairly short. However, I'm 5'3 (female), and I'm honestly not really bothered about what height my partner is, as long as they have a nice personality :smile:
I'm 5 10" and my girlfriend is closer to the 6 foot side, she was very apprehensive with the height difference at first but she's not bothered about it, height isn't everything, she does make sure she doesn't wear heels though as it'd pretty much make her look like my minder :giggle:
Original post by Anonymous

I am (I think) just about5ft (male),

My condolences.
I've know small girls to have a huge thing for really big men, as in, both tall and muscular.
(edited 8 years ago)
Under 5'8 for a guy is seen as short imo

You are 5'

I'm sorry :frown:

i know a 4'11 girl

so maybe there is hope for you yet :h:
For a guy I think under 5'7 is small. But I know plenty of small guys who have never let it stop them, the key is confidence.
Reply 8
No, they pretty much want 6' prop forwards too
Reply 9
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Under 5'8 for a guy is seen as short imo

You are 5'

I'm sorry :frown:

i know a 4'11 girl

so maybe there is hope for you yet :h:

haha
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I've know small girls to have a huge thing for really big men, as in, both tall and muscular.

Really..? o.O
Really..? o.O

Knew a girl who was 5'2, did nothing with any guy less than 6'3.

Crazy stuff.

Crazy stuff.

Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was deadly serious too.

Like Satan's daughter, taught me that life is a negotiation.
Reply 14
Original post by Leviathan1741
For a guy, I'd say roughly any height below 5'6-5'7 would be fairly short. However, I'm 5'3 (female), and I'm honestly not really bothered about what height my partner is, as long as they have a nice personality :smile:

I just can't take female's seriously when they say "it's all about his personality".

We all know most females are just if not more shallow than males.

You just find a way of hiding it well under the rug. At least with males you know they are open about their true intentions. Most females like to cover up with this innocent persona and shame males for being so superficial, but we all know it's all just a mask. :wink:
My ex was only a couple of inches taller than me, the guy I'm seeing now is 6'1 (I'm 5'3) so it really doesn't matter to me
From reading most comments here, there lies no hope for small people :'( :frown:

Crazy stuff.

What a narrow dating pool she would have. Unless she was super hot.

I'm 5'2" and I prefer medium height guys i.e. around 5'9 to 5'11. However I have dated shorter (5'4") and taller guys (6'5") because it's about the person over the height. My boyfriend now is 5'10" and just right :colondollar:
What a narrow dating pool she would have. Unless she was super hot.

I'm 5'2" and I prefer medium height guys i.e. around 5'9 to 5'11. However I have dated shorter (5'4":wink: and taller guys (6'5":wink: because it's about the person over the height. My boyfriend now is 5'10" and just right :colondollar:

If you dont mind me asking you, how was it dating the 5'4 guy? Akward at times? or like you said, was he just a nice person and you didnt care about his height? And how it compared to your other dates and your current partner??
My cousin is about 5'6", her boyfriend is about 5'2", maybe smaller. They don't care about the height difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending