The Student Room Group

I'm 16 and not currently in education, please help.

Hi,

I started my first year of college in 2015, and was doing level 3 ICT at Leamington College in Warwickshire. I didn't get on with the course so chose to do something else.

I tried Sixth Form first, but after almost two weeks of waiting, they finally got back to me with a 'no' because they thought I'd missed too much work. (This was only 3 weeks after schools had started again). After that, I tried for some more college course, once again being kept on hold, just to be told no again.

A week ago today, I went to the college and told them I'd like to try and get into either a business course or a graphics course. I was told a referral was put through to the tutors and that they would get back to me asap (this was already 5-6 weeks after schools had started again). Until today, I hadn't spoke to anyone from the college. I rang in today, and was put through to the tutor who was supposed to ring me within 30 seconds, to be told 'no' again in an extremely brief conversation.

There isn't enough apprenticeships within my area, that I'd be able to get to reguarly. There is one that I've applied for, but the interview isn't until Friday, and I don't know how long I'd have to wait after that. If this apprenticeship doesn't go through, I feel like I've got no other options and I'm genuinely worried now.

I've been told that I can do something for a year now, and then either join the Sixth Form or join a different college course next September. This would mean I'm with people from the year below me, and would also mean that my friends will all have finished college and I'll still be there. That would be terrible.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by jackaka1
Hi,

I started my first year of college in 2015, and was doing level 3 ICT at Leamington College in Warwickshire. I didn't get on with the course so chose to do something else.

I tried Sixth Form first, but after almost two weeks of waiting, they finally got back to me with a 'no' because they thought I'd missed too much work. (This was only 3 weeks after schools had started again). After that, I tried for some more college course, once again being kept on hold, just to be told no again.

A week ago today, I went to the college and told them I'd like to try and get into either a business course or a graphics course. I was told a referral was put through to the tutors and that they would get back to me asap (this was already 5-6 weeks after schools had started again). Until today, I hadn't spoke to anyone from the college. I rang in today, and was put through to the tutor who was supposed to ring me within 30 seconds, to be told 'no' again in an extremely brief conversation.

There isn't enough apprenticeships within my area, that I'd be able to get to reguarly. There is one that I've applied for, but the interview isn't until Friday, and I don't know how long I'd have to wait after that. If this apprenticeship doesn't go through, I feel like I've got no other options and I'm genuinely worried now.

I've been told that I can do something for a year now, and then either join the Sixth Form or join a different college course next September. This would mean I'm with people from the year below me, and would also mean that my friends will all have finished college and I'll still be there. That would be terrible.

Any advice?

Thanks.

so your not doing the level three anymore? the same things happening to me im going to be 1 year below my mates. I know there aren't many apprenticeships but you should go out a bit more it'll help you in the long run:smile:
Reply 2
if your into engineering apply to the jaguar apprenticeship its next year but at least you'll get to stay in Warwickshire.
Reply 3
I just realised is Leamington College the same as Warwickshire college group?
I'm not sure what to say, but keep persisting, and I must say you have very good grammar (gives a promising impression.) :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by robinfr
so your not doing the level three anymore? the same things happening to me im going to be 1 year below my mates. I know there aren't many apprenticeships but you should go out a bit more it'll help you in the long run:smile:

Not at the moment, I tried to see if it was possible getting back onto it, but they also gave me the same answer :/

Original post by robinfr
I just realised is Leamington College the same as Warwickshire college group?

Yeah, it's part of that.

Original post by XcitingStuart
I'm not sure what to say, but keep persisting, and I must say you have very good grammar (gives a promising impression.) :smile:

Thanks! I wish I'd gotten better than a C in my English GCSE, but I just suck at writing about stories and things like that.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending