The Student Room Group

TfL Grad Scheme Intake 2016

Is anyone applying to the TfL grad scheme? I have my video interview tomorrow, it's the first year they have done video interviews so I don't really know what to expect! I've been looking at some of the questions from phone interviews from previous years so hopefully the format will stay pretty much the same. I'm applying for the Marketing and Comms scheme btw :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am, hope the video interview went well? I'm just at the numerical test stage, slightly worried about this but have been practising hard. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
Hi which scheme are you applying for? The test was hard alright! I'm not great with numbers though!
The video interview was ok, a bit disconcerting because you are watching yourself answering the questions and you're hyper aware of how you look while talking :s-smilie: The practice session really helped though!
Does anyone know, how long after having recorded the video interview, TfL respond?
Reply 4
Hi, I just did my video interview on Sunday for the marketing and comms role too. It was so weird! But I'm sure it will make the process a lot quicker. The first question was all about why you want to work for TFL and I'm sure I just rambled haha. Fingers crossed I make it to the assessment centre.
Reply 5
My video deadline is tomorrow. I applied for the general management scheme. :s-smilie:

What kind of questions were asked?
Original post by et cetera
Does anyone know, how long after having recorded the video interview, TfL respond?

I did the video interview last Wednesday but haven't heard back yet. I've applied to the road space management one :smile:
I am applying for a engineering scheme so I have to do a numerical and logical reasoning test. I have not completed the logical reasoning test and I got an email inviting me to a video interview. Since I have not completed my tests have they sent an email by mistake? I would now need to prepare for both the test and the interview within the next 5 days :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by DarkWave93
I am applying for a engineering scheme so I have to do a numerical and logical reasoning test. I have not completed the logical reasoning test and I got an email inviting me to a video interview. Since I have not completed my tests have they sent an email by mistake? I would now need to prepare for both the test and the interview within the next 5 days :frown:

Usually they invite you to the interview after you pass the tests.
It's likely to be a mistake.
I would focus on preparing for the tests first!
Reply 9
Original post by AisBash
Is anyone applying to the TfL grad scheme? I have my video interview tomorrow, it's the first year they have done video interviews so I don't really know what to expect! I've been looking at some of the questions from phone interviews from previous years so hopefully the format will stay pretty much the same. I'm applying for the Marketing and Comms scheme btw :smile:

Well done so far!
I have applied for General Management.
What questions did they ask in the video interview? Where they motivational or specific to Marketing?
Reply 10
Original post by Frankie321
I did the video interview last Wednesday but haven't heard back yet. I've applied to the road space management one :smile:

What questions did you get in the video interview?
Reply 11
Hey were the questions in the Video Interview same as the previous years telephone interviews? So Why TFL, Why your role, Stakeholder and one competency/ technical question?
Reply 12
Original post by AisBash

Hey! were the questions in the Video Interview same as the previous years telephone interviews?
Applied for TFL. Wish they let you upload your CV, didn't have the option. Applied for the marketing role. Really worried as I've left things far too late. When is the closing date does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
What is average starting salary for TFL grad?
Original post by irbea
What questions did you get in the video interview?

They were similar to the previous telephone ones, including why tfl and why the role. There were a couple of competency questions and a hyperthetical one, which threw me a little!
Reply 16
Original post by Frankie321
They were similar to the previous telephone ones, including why tfl and why the role. There were a couple of competency questions and a hyperthetical one, which threw me a little!

hey im doing my video interview in a couple of days, just wanted to know whether they asked you any technical questions in relation to the role you applied for
Original post by simsalam
hey im doing my video interview in a couple of days, just wanted to know whether they asked you any technical questions in relation to the role you applied for

No technical questions for me! They may come at the assessment centre stage...
Took the interview, not sure if I prefer it to telephone/ face to face.
What were the 2 competency questions like?

Latest

Trending

Trending