The Student Room Group

Audiology 2016

Where are you applying to, what are your predicted grades and why did you pick this course?
I'm applying this year to more or less all of the unis which offer it. Have you applied already? I picked it because I love technology as well as interacting with people
Reply 2
Original post by HenryKenry
I'm applying this year to more or less all of the unis which offer it. Have you applied already? I picked it because I love technology as well as interacting with people

Nope, I shall send in my ucas application at the end of this week.
Not many universities offer it, so like you I'm literally applying to most of them.
Do you reckon there's alot of job opportunities around audiology and do you think the sector is growing?
Original post by honeylooloo
Nope, I shall send in my ucas application at the end of this week.
Not many universities offer it, so like you I'm literally applying to most of them.
Do you reckon there's alot of job opportunities around audiology and do you think the sector is growing?

The job prospect is great, in a few years time Audiology should be as big as optometry because of the growing population.

What are your predicted grades?
Reply 4
The job prospect is great, in a few years time Audiology should be as big as optometry because of the growing population.

What are your predicted grades?

BBB, what about you?
I'm worried because they ask for ABB atleast.
Do you think relying on clearing is also a good option?
BBB, what about you?
I'm worried because they ask for ABB atleast.
Do you think relying on clearing is also a good option?

Is it possible you can try and grovel to a teacher to raise one B to an A? But I think you'll be fine. Im in a worse position than you, I only have one Science which is Biology and I know they say only one is required, but I feel other people will have at least two so im at a disadvantage.
Reply 6
Is it possible you can try and grovel to a teacher to raise one B to an A? But I think you'll be fine. Im in a worse position than you, I only have one Science which is Biology and I know they say only one is required, but I feel other people will have at least two so im at a disadvantage.

but if you've met the predicted grade requirement then you'll be fine! Biology is the main one and since you've ticked that box, you're an ideal student in their eyes.
and my school would NEVER raise the predicted grades, they are extremely stubborn
but if you've met the predicted grade requirement then you'll be fine! Biology is the main one and since you've ticked that box, you're an ideal student in their eyes.
and my school would NEVER raise the predicted grades, they are extremely stubborn

What were your AS grades? If they were strong tell your parents to call in, they will have to listen.

Quick Reply

Latest