The Student Room Group

It's me the "Omggggg i want to cry all my hard effort!!!!" UPDATE!

Hii everybody!

I'll cut to the chase, I never found that USB but I started again and my school's deadline is approaching in 2 days!!

I'm planning on doing English at university level and I kinda want to ask you all a favour? Can you proof read what I've done so far PRIVATELY AND DON'T DOWNLOAD IT JUST SAVE AND READ IT PLEASE I killed my first born and ate all of my village's crops in haste to do this!!

Thank you all and god bless!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadly
Hii everybody!

I'll cut to the chase, I never found that USB but I started again and my school's deadline is approaching in 2 days!!

I'm planning on doing English at university level and I kinda want to ask you all a favour? Can you proof read what I've done so far PRIVATELY AND DON'T DOWNLOAD IT JUST SAVE AND READ IT PLEASE I killed my first born and ate all of my village's crops in haste to do this!!

You must not send your PS to anyone - ask your teachers for feedback.

Why have they given you such an early deadline?
Reply 2
Original post by sadly
Hii everybody!

Even private messages will still be flagged up on the plagiarism check...
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
You must not send your PS to anyone - ask your teachers for feedback.

Why have they given you such an early deadline?

I was told it's a Russell group deadline of 22nd of October?? I've been checking online and it's not adding up? The only deadlines that don't compute with the January 15th one is the

โ€ข

15th October for the applications for Oxbridge and Medical, Veterinary Medicine/Science and Dentistry applications

โ€ข

and the 24th March deadline for Art & Design courses?

Do not send your ps to anyone online
Original post by sadly
I was told it's a Russell group deadline of 22nd of October?? I've been checking online and it's not adding up? The only deadlines that don't compute with the January 15th one is the

โ€ข

15th October for the applications for Oxbridge and Medical, Veterinary Medicine/Science and Dentistry applications

โ€ข

and the 24th March deadline for Art & Design courses?

There is no RG deadline - this is a school deadline and can't be enforced. I'm a teacher and deal with UCAS a fair bit - we have guidelines on dates for our students as we do need time to check their PS etc.
Reply 6
Do you want to write your ps a third time :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by Alexion
Even private messages will still be flagged up on the plagiarism check...

OMG I didn't know this...omg omg...I pasted my work and put it on paperrater.com to check how it was grammatically and smallseotools to check for plagiarism on my own work lol the irony...but omg will that be flagged???!!!! :cry:
Reply 8
Original post by m3m
Do you want to write your ps a third time :lol:

lol......no....but it looks like I will be....I'm soo....amazing and I'm a nice girl I don't deserve this lol....:frown:
Original post by sadly
OMG I didn't know this...omg omg...I pasted my work and put it on paperrater.com to check how it was grammatically and smallseotools to check for plagiarism on my own work lol the irony...but omg will that be flagged???!!!! :cry:

I very much doubt it! :smile:

Private messages aren't flagged by plagiarism checkers, as they require specific logins to access... the only reason you're advised not to send PS via private message is because the recipient could share it or use it or whatever.
Reply 10
Original post by sadly
lol......no....but it looks like I will be....I'm soo....amazing and I'm a nice girl I don't deserve this lol....:frown:

Why? Did you send it someone already? :facepalm2: lol, that last bit haha.
Reply 11
There is no RG deadline - this is a school deadline and can't be enforced. I'm a teacher and deal with UCAS a fair bit - we have guidelines on dates for our students as we do need time to check their PS etc.

Yay!! This is such good news to my ears I have been stressed to the max lately thank you soo much for this xxx Your students have a better teacher than mine lol :grin:
Reply 12
Original post by m3m
Why? Did you send it someone already? :facepalm2: lol, that last bit haha.

lol I didn't send it to anyone but I put it up to check for plagiarism I might have "done" and make it 100% unique but lol....it seems that it's now 100% plagiarised but idk for sure :/
Original post by sadly
Yay!! This is such good news to my ears I have been stressed to the max lately thank you soo much for this xxx Your students have a better teacher than mine lol :grin:

Just go and explain - ask for feedback on what you've done :smile:

I'm sure they can wait a few days ... they just want half-term to check them I expect.
Reply 14
Original post by sadly
lol I didn't send it to anyone but I put it up to check for plagiarism I might have "done" and make it 100% unique but lol....it seems that it's now 100% plagiarised but idk for sure :/

I don't understand. What do you mean you put it up for plagiarism? You put it on a website to check for plagiarism?
Reply 15
Original post by Star Light
I very much doubt it! :smile:

Private messages aren't flagged by plagiarism checkers, as they require specific logins to access... the only reason you're advised not to send PS via private message is because the recipient could share it or use it or whatever.

You're right it's a harsh world out there and this is just the world wide web, we'll never know who I handed my hard work to...if they're good or bad lol but yes I will be cautious of sending it to people but my teacher never checks it, I posted on here out of desperation :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by m3m
I don't understand. What do you mean you put it up for plagiarism? You put it on a website to check for plagiarism?

Yeah I put it up on 2 websites, smallseotools to check for plagiarism and paperrater to check the grammar
Original post by sadly

Plagiarism checkers don't store the info - so they're good.

However, inboxes do, so I wouldn't risk it :/
Reply 18
Just go and explain - ask for feedback on what you've done :smile:

I'm sure they can wait a few days ... they just want half-term to check them I expect.

That's true but I will try to appeal to them and tell them everything that happened so they can at least allow me 1 more week to squeeze mine in, they have lots to get through so it was a bit unlikely for mine to be read in a week :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by sadly
Yeah I put it up on 2 websites, smallseotools to check for plagiarism and paperrater to check the grammar

Wait, are you sure those websites store your info?

Quick Reply