The Student Room Group

What Makeup do you find attractive/unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

When eyebrows look drawn on. Don't get me wrong, I myself pencil in my brows, but I'm talking about when brows literally look as if they've just been drawn on with a felt pen and that's it
Original post by FourSeasons
I suffer from quite bad under eye circles even though I'm only 15. I think it's genetics. People have said to me what's wrong with your eyes and why are they all veiny? All though it was quite hurtful at the time, I just told them - Nothing, I just genetically have darker under-eye circles.

So I wear make-up to cover them up.

Green counteracts red, since they are opposites on the colour wheel. So I put on green concealer, then a concealer which is a shade lighter then my actual skin tone (brightness) and then a bit of eyeliner/mascara.

And that's the make-up I wear. I wear this when I'm at school and if I'm going out. I don't wear make-up in the house or if I'm just popping to shops for a little while.

People will say make-up is pointless and girls/boys look better without it, but the IMO, make-up has two purposes - 1. to enhance your looks and 2. It's an art.

Green concealer is meant to be amazing. My mum is constantly telling me about how she used to use one when she was my age.

I get quite red under my eyes, I either use the Mac studio fix concealer or the LA girl concealers, they're amazing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RonnieRJ
Js green concealer is more for redness as in spots. Dark circles have purplish undertones so use orangy/pinky toned concealer to hide them better x

Green is used for under eye purposes as far as I know, everyone I've ever known has told me that too, including makeup artists. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normally don't care but I prefer someone who doesn't use makeup, I don't like makeup however when someone's entire face is it and it's thick.
Reply 84
Painted on eye brows is a bit silly imo. I've always liked eyebrows like Cara delevigngndduje and Jennifer connelly. Ridiculously attractive ladies.
Original post by jazjaz
Sorry to burst your bubble but no woman gets out of bed looking like a Victoria's Secret model. It's just not going to happen. Doesn't mean girls who do wear make up are ugly or insecure.

^I know that! The point is this: the more of it you want to put on, the more insecure/unattractive you're likely to be.
Original post by Most Competitive
^I know that! The point is this: the more of it you want to put on, the more insecure/unattractive you're likely to be.

Mmm I dunno about that last bit. I wear a lot of makeup pretty much everyday, but if someone took my makeup away from me for a week then I could easily go into college without it and not feel insecure. Makeup makes me look better yes, but I wouldn't say I look really bad without it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by elliemayxo
Mmm I dunno about that last bit. I wear a lot of makeup pretty much everyday, but if someone took my makeup away from me for a week then I could easily go into college without it and not feel insecure. Makeup makes me look better yes, but I wouldn't say I look really bad without it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you go for a nightout without makeup?
Original post by JD1lla
Would you go for a nightout without makeup?

No I wouldn't, it would look pretty weird if I had 6 inch heels on, a sparkly dress on, but no makeup...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
No I wouldn't, it would look pretty weird if I had 6 inch heels on, a sparkly dress on, but no makeup...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would that look weird? Do you ever go out in flats?
Original post by JD1lla
Why would that look weird? Do you ever go out in flats?

Because I'd be all dressed up without any makeup on, which is the most important thing on a night out??

And yes, a lot of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's how it should be :biggrin:

Some people probably couldn't live without makeup, and what I said is probably true in their case.
I have no problem with makeup. It's only when someone's makeup transform them into a completely different looking person is when I have a slight problem. Personally, I just wear foundation. I could go without it, and some days I do but for me the foundation just gives my skin that nice extra glow in a way. If I'm going out I'll add some lipstick. But that's as far as I go :smile:
Reply 93
Because I'd be all dressed up without any makeup on, which is the most important thing on a night out??

And yes, a lot of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a friend who wears no make up when she goes out other than like some moisturizer or something and she dresses up and looks great. Doesn't look weird at all.
Original post by JD1lla
I have a friend who wears no make up when she goes out other than like some moisturizer or something and she dresses up and looks great. Doesn't look weird at all.

Well if that's her thing then fine, but personally I wouldn't like to do that. And I know my friends wouldn't either. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Novascope
I have no problem with makeup. It's only when someone's makeup transform them into a completely different looking person is when I have a slight problem. Personally, I just wear foundation. I could go without it, and some days I do but for me the foundation just gives my skin that nice extra glow in a way. If I'm going out I'll add some lipstick. But that's as far as I go :smile:

I agree with this, make up should, if you feel the need to use it, enhance your features, not create new ones or change what you look like.
Green is used for under eye purposes as far as I know, everyone I've ever known has told me that too, including makeup artists. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Under eyes aren't red b
That's why the whole using a red lipstick thing was all over Twitter and Instagram cause it cancelled out the pigmentation under the eyes.
Attachment not found
Under eyes aren't red b
That's why the whole using a red lipstick thing was all over Twitter and Instagram cause it cancelled out the pigmentation under the eyes.
Attachment not found

'B'? 😂 you don't need to get funny lol I'm just going by what I've been told over the years

Posted from TSR Mobile
'B'? 😂 you don't need to get funny lol I'm just going by what I've been told over the years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny? I'm acc not haha
That's cool I'm just saying people usually get misconceptions like that and they end up putting eg lilac or orange on their spots or something which reinforces then colour instead
Funny? I'm acc not haha
That's cool I'm just saying people usually get misconceptions like that and they end up putting eg lilac or orange on their spots or something which reinforces then colour instead

Oooh ok. I apologise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending