The Student Room Group

Gay people living in Pakistan - BBC3

Documentary on bbc3 at 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Gay people [temporarily] living in Pakistan.
Fixed that for you.
Reply 2
Why temporarily

Posted from TSR Mobile
another documentary to make pakistan look bad, bbc should make a documentary of sketty british girls that get abortions every few weeks
Reply 4
Original post by halal kebab5
another documentary to make pakistan look bad, bbc should make a documentary of sketty british girls that get abortions every few weeks

Why?
Treatment of Gay people in Pakistan is not the best. Lets be honest!
Original post by eoe
Why?
Treatment of Gay people in Pakistan is not the best. Lets be honest!

getting beat out and pregnant at age 14/15 is also a major problem
Reply 6

What has this anything to so with Gay people in Pakistan
Secondly, lets be honest, Pakistani media does not represent the West in a pleasant way either.
Pakistan media is not innocent, babes
Original post by eoe
Secondly, lets be honest, Pakistani media does not represent the West in a pleasant way either.

allow it fam

Whataboutery at its finest.
Reply 9
allow it fam

baby, darling , babes
u dont remember me from the ISOC thread.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Whataboutery at its finest.

??
Original post by eoe
baby, darling , babes
u dont remember me from the ISOC thread.

i do lol
Reply 12
Original post by eoe

I just don't understand why they keep making documentaries about Muslims and gays? They did Muslims drag queens and they did one before that too but can't remember what it's called. Tbh they're just doing it for reactions because they know Muslims will react badly.
Well, that's gonna be depressing...
Reply 14
Original post by ZuluK
I just don't understand why they keep making documentaries about Muslims and gays? They did Muslims drag queens and they did one before that too but can't remember what it's called. Tbh they're just doing it for reactions because they know Muslims will react badly.

Then why do we Muslims get so sensitive and react to so badly.
Same goes to the Prophet cartoons.
Reply 15
Original post by eoe
Then why do we Muslims get so sensitive and react to so badly.
Same goes to the Prophet cartoons.

Why do they draw the prophet knowing it goes against our religion? I don't condone the violent reactions but it's feeding the fire. They expect reactions and then when they do get a reaction they say "why do they act out? It's only a few cartoons?" I just don't get it
Reply 16
Original post by ZuluK
Why do they draw the prophet knowing it goes against our religion? I don't condone the violent reactions but it's feeding the fire. They expect reactions and then when they do get a reaction they say "why do they act out? It's only a few cartoons?" I just don't get it

They draw these cartoons to provoke us. If you dont react, then they will stop. Simple.
Original post by eoe
They draw these cartoons to provoke us. If you dont react, then they will stop. Simple.

muslims make over a billion of the population, of course some muslims will react and the rest of us muslims get the backlash
Original post by ZuluK

It's about freedom of expression. It's one thing for Muslims to demand that we respect the rules of their religion in their own countries, but it's quite another to demand that we censor ourselves here in the West because we might express something that goes against Islam.

You have to remember, here we allow people to do things like burn flags or spit on symbols they don't like. To draw caricatures of things we don't like.

It's really as simple as us rebelling against the idea of respecting Islam and its values by refraining from actions that go against it. It's practically an insult to be asked to do so simply because Muslims have chosen to reside in our countries against our will, for the most part.

I mean, really, what are you going to do next? Are you going to tell us we can't have pork? Are you going to force the women to cover their heads whether Muslim or not? How many of your beliefs are you going to impose on our society? Well, we don't want to respect your beliefs in our society, because we see it as ours rather than yours. It's that simple. And yes, I think some of us would rather die than submit to the rules of Islam.

To a non-Muslim, not being allowed to draw Mohammed is just the first step down a slippery slope that ends with being forced to put up with the restrictions of Islamic culture and respect its values to a much greater extent than we want.

Perhaps that's paranoid, perhaps that's not realistic, but when you don't grow up in a religion as strict as Islam, the kind of demands the religion makes seem unacceptably brutal, harsh, and repressive. The religion itself resembles fascism, and frankly people of Western Europe hate tyranny.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by eoe

It's not simple. Sorry hun but you've simplified something and act as if it's so easy. It's not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending