The Student Room Group

How much a month do you pay for your phone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryanx623
To be fair, it's 2 weeks old.

EE with a colleague discount I nicked off a mate :biggrin: Would off been £200 upfront otherwise...

I pay £43.20 for iPhone 6s 64Gb and get unlim texts and mins plus 6gb data and I thought that was expensive!
I pay £12/month for a sim for my iphone which is unlim text/min & 4GB 4G data
Original post by xxvine
I pay £43.20 for iPhone 6s 64Gb and get unlim texts and mins plus 6gb data and I thought that was expensive!

Mines the 128GB, that's probably why...
iPhone's always will be, it's a shame really
I'm effectively paying 47 quid for 6b data

Don't care about unlimited minutes/texts because everything is done on WhatsApp
I bought the handset on its own* and use GiffGaff. I pay £10 a month for the goodybag thingy I use which I can change/stop at any time.

*Sony Xperia M4 Aqua @ £190
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alexschmalex
Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts :biggrin: Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho

Was that wise since three are acquiring O2? Seems like you would've had a sweet deal then.
£3.75 sim only contract
300 minutes
1000 texts
1GB data
I pay £10 every 2 months of pay as you go with one of the orange top up package. But then I have a 6year old phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Samsung galaxy A3. £17 a month. 1gb data, unlimited texts 500mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I currently pay £41/month for my iPhone 6 with unlimited calls/texts and 2GB of data with EE.

I'm now considering changing the tarrif I'm on though due to no longer using anywhere near my data allowance each month.
Original post by ForgottenApple
Was that wise since three are acquiring O2? Seems like you would've had a sweet deal then.

Was totally unaware, but I'm still saving money compared to if I'd stayed and I can use my phone back home so I'm not too bothered :tongue:
Original post by Lifeimitatesart
£3.75 sim only contract
300 minutes
1000 texts
1GB data

That's excellent value for money - haven't seen that anywhere else! Out of interest, with what network?
Saw thread bumped in latest discussions tab
These prices are just no good lol. I wonder how it'll cost with: my first smartphone, and no texts or minute credit. Just to buy the phone and get the internet service. Better be like 5/mth.
Original post by spotify95
That's excellent value for money - haven't seen that anywhere else! Out of interest, with what network?

Talk Talk, it's a normal £7 deal, but they cut mine down. :smile:
Original post by Lifeimitatesart
Talk Talk, it's a normal £7 deal, but they cut mine down. :smile:

That seems very cheap - didn't realize Talktalk could do such good offers!

I would look more into Talktalk's packages but their host network is Voda, which isn't very good in areas outside of towns/cities. Luckily I'm in an area well served by all 3 networks (Voda, O2 and MBNL/EE/3) but there are a lot of places I've been to where EE/3 (using MBNL mast sharing) are fine on 3G but Voda/O2 would show up as 2G. I've disabled 2G, so it shows up as no service.

I'm still plodding along on my Virgin Mobile SIM.... wish there was a competitively priced 4G tariff with U/L data....
I bought my phone for £200. I have a HTC Desire 626 G+ .

I pay £12.50 a month for 2 GB of data; 1,000 minutes and 5,000 texts with Tesco Mobile.
Reply 156
£8 for unlimited everything :biggrin:
£12 for 2gb data and unlimited texts and calls with the iPhone 6

Who's really winning here?
Reply 158
Original post by Questioner1234
What network?

O2.

I don't live in the UK though :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
£12 for 2gb data and unlimited texts and calls with the iPhone 6

Who's really winning here?

Care to share how you managed this? :biggrin:
I'm paying £41 for essentially the same thing with EE, which network are you with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending